What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

I've been reading a lot lately about Gillette NEWs. Many gents like one NEW or another. Long Comb, Short Comb, Deluxe, American, British, Canadian, 2 piece, 3 piece, etc.

Although I'm not sure we need another BOTOC subgroup, I for one am a GNU (Gillette NEW Über-fan). Are you a GNU?

My question for you:

What is your favorite NEW?

I have many favorites. My current one is a British NEW head on a Tradere handle.

$IMG_0101[1].jpg

Bring it! Post pictures and descriptions of your favorite NEW!

Last edited:
I love the long comb and the New Improved if you count that. I haven't tried my raised flat plate British NEW yet and I don't have a short comb. I'm not a huge fan of the Deluxe.

Right now I would have to say the Canadian New as that is the only one I have, although I just got it and haven't had a chance to use it yet (planning to give it another round with the scrubbing bubbles to clean it). But right now I would have to say LMN OP (Love My New OP). Even if it is just to look at the NEW is a work of art so I guess I am a GNU (Hey it's not for Linux anymore).

I have a new LC on a little bastone handle, and a deluxe on a ballend. The deluxe will get another handle eventually, but I think I like the LC better. The deluxe is a little more agressive, and just a bit less smooth than the regular LC. The heavier handle makes a nice upgrade, too.

I have a new LC on a little bastone handle, and a deluxe on a ballend. The deluxe will get another handle eventually, but I think I like the LC better. The deluxe is a little more agressive, and just a bit less smooth than the regular LC. The heavier handle makes a nice upgrade, too.

Do you have a picture?

I have a New, Tuckaway, and Double Ring in rotation. I am beginning to believe that Gillette never made a bad OC, or did they?

Comments appreciated.

My fave and it just inches out the #77/88 is the Brit Belmont De-Luxe always shaves me well i really ought to use it more...

proxy.php
proxy.php

I don't want to detract or hijack from the thread but I am an OC wannabe and trying to learn.

Is there any info on what actually are the subtle differences between the various models (old vs, New, long comb, New Improved, Deluxe, etc.)? If there is a Wiki or review somewhere on this please let me know. Thanks for your patience.

I don't want to detract or hijack from the thread but I am an OC wannabe and trying to learn.

Is there any info on what actually are the subtle differences between the various models (old vs, New, long comb, New Improved, Deluxe, etc.)? If there is a Wiki or review somewhere on this please let me know. Thanks for your patience.

The regular New with the long comb seems to be the easiest to come by, in my experience, and is my favorite. This is a hard razor to beat. I didn't really find much, if any difference between the LC and the SC. 1929-1940
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Gillette_NEW_Razors
The new deluxe has a flat back, and is a bit more aggressive. 1930 and 1935
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Gillette_NEW_Deluxe_Razors
The new improved actually came out first, but I can't tell you how it shaves, because I don't have one yet. 1921-1929
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_New_Improved

Top Bottom