What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

The regular New with the long comb seems to be the easiest to come by, in my experience, and is my favorite. This is a hard razor to beat. I didn't really find much, if any difference between the LC and the SC. 1929-1940
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Gillette_NEW_Razors
The new deluxe has a flat back, and is a bit more aggressive. 1930 and 1935
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Gillette_NEW_Deluxe_Razors
The new improved actually came out first, but I can't tell you how it shaves, because I don't have one yet. 1921-1929
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_New_Improved

Thanks! I did start finding some threads but that Wiki info is just what I needed.

Do you have a picture?

Here you go. Both were replated by Krona Kruiser:
New Otto Roth LC w/little bastone handle (top)
New Deluxe short comb with plated bar handle (bottom)
$DSC00087.jpg
This is how they are in the stand. I've taken the bar handle off of the deluxe, and put an old ball-end on it. I'm planning on either a sabi or a cadet handle at the end of the year.
$DSC00088.jpg

Last edited:
My favourite is an English raised flat bottom rhodium plated NEW LC on a UFO Kaiser Short handle.

That was the razor I used tonight.

I love the pics in this thread. I will post my favorite new deluxe in about a week or so. I'm waiting for the new deluxe head to get replated.

Here you go. Both were replated by Krona Kruiser:
New Otto Roth LC w/little bastone handle (top)
New Deluxe short comb with plated bar handle (bottom)
View attachment 359849
This is how they are in the stand. I've taken the bar handle off of the deluxe, and put an old ball-end on it. I'm planning on either a sabi or a cadet handle at the end of the year.
View attachment 359850

Very nice!
I have a NEW SC replated by Krona that is one of my favorite blade testing razors. No matter how much I use it, the beautiful shine remains!

i have really enjoyed the Long Comb New as far as double edge razors go much better shave than my Slim Adjustable and a hair better than my Merkur Slant. I am thinking of downsizing my Double edges to just the New Type.

i have really enjoyed the Long Comb New as far as double edge razors go much better shave than my Slim Adjustable and a hair better than my Merkur Slant. I am thinking of downsizing my Double edges to just the New Type.

What is this "downsizing" you speak of?

Here is xillion's incredibly helpful pictorial guide to the various NEW base plates. He has a few others beyond those pictured here, but this covers most of the territory:
proxy.php

That seems like a popular combination. I don't have a UFO handle, so I just use my Tradere ...

TBH i could replace the UFO Kaiser short with either my Weber Bulldog or Weber Wave and i wouldn't notice a difference to the shave.

The UFO is just my favourite as i bought it specifically to use on my different razor heads :)

This is the updated one someone made.

proxy.php

The only heads there i dont have are:-

- Deluxe
- US LC
- Goodwill
- Round Pin
- Canadian

This was what i used lastnight, complete with soap scum on the handle!

proxy.php

Last edited:
TBH i could replace the UFO Kaiser short with either my Weber Bulldog or Weber Wave and i wouldn't notice a difference to the shave.

The UFO is just my favourite as i bought it specifically to use on my different razor heads :)

This is the updated one someone made.

proxy.php

The only heads there i dont have are:-

- Deluxe
- US LC
- Goodwill
- Round Pin
- Canadian

I am just curious because of the way some people are talking here on B&B, but was the Canadian I got for $12 off of eBay a rare find?

Top Bottom