What's new

Micro Touch One

It might not be worth what the stores charge for it, but in the end it is a great little razor. It's mild enough that you can whip through almost aimlessly like with a cart with no risk of cuts or irritation. For that purpose, it's great for a new user.

This is funny for me to read. I saw this commercial and had never thought of using a DE razor. I had seen them but had no idea they still made them or the razor blades. I did a quick search, something generic like "safety razor" and watched my first YouTube video on wet shaving. The rest is history, several months of research on shaving forums and YouTube. Put together my own starter kit and boom! I bought an Edwin.Jagger and I'm glad I didn't order the micro touch one on impulse, otherwise I would probably still be using mach 3

It's actually quite pricey as well. I should go to Rick's pawn shop and sell him back his branded safety razor.

I'll give you like one penny.

This was one of the first razors I got when I started DE Shaving, but I got it for $10 at Rite Aid..not the as seen on tv price. It's not bad by any means. It's a pretty mild razor but it gets the job done. Like others have said..you can get a more solid DE for the asking price, but it works. However, the blades that it come with..Dorco ST-300, in my opinion are the worse blades I have used.

Gentlemen, our Walmart now sells the Micro Touch One, at the check out counter, and also in the shaving products area. Previously, the sold the Van der Hagen razor and blades. Unless I am mistaken these are clones, and I also believe they are the Weishi razor.

I bought the VDH razor a couple of months ago out of curiosity; so far it gives me good quality shaves using Ladas blades--my personal favorites. However, the VDH blades were not very good.

I have four other DE razors in my rotation: Gillette Tech Ball end; Gillette SS TTO; EJ DE8911; and Parker 24C.

It's what I have... I got mine at wal mart where it comes with a dozen blades and a stand instead of the case. I love it. I switched from an electric to it, and the difference is fantastic.

Bought mine at BB&B for 19.99. Came with 15 blades. I wanted to try DE shaving and see if I liked the process without spending a fortune. I'm happy with the razor. It seems to be a knockoff of an old Gillette TTO. Currently using a vintage Gillette Fatboy but I still go back to it. Like using Persona Red blades rather than the Dorco blades that came with it. Not to be combative but, it's funny how some that slam it a junk have never seen or tried it.

The Micro Touch One, for those who have never had one, is a very nice quality razor. No it is not a Gillette TTO. To manufacture a duplicate Gillette TTO would be cost prohibitive in today's world. The MT1 is more than likely manufactured by Weishi, as are many other private label TTO's. There are also some knockoff razors that look like Weishi's but are not manufactured by Weishi.

Weishi is a top quality company, with the latest high tech manufacturing equipment, and is one of the few razor manufacturers that is fully certified to ISO standards. In China, they hold the same status that Gillette once held here in the US. They are a highly respected company with an excellent reputation for making quality products at reasonable prices. To make it sound like they manufacture junk is patently untrue, and doing a dis-service to them and the shaving industry, and those new to traditional wet shaving.

Weishi manufactures a number of different models, and some users may prefer one over another, but to label their razors as junk is grossly unfair. Just as some shavers may have a preference for the various models of Gillette TTO's, the same holds true for Weishi. I have the MT1 in addition to a number of Weishi private label razors, and several models of the Weishi. I have found them all to be excellent quality.

The MT1 has probably done more for traditional wet shaving than any other company in recent history.

"Oh wow. This $20 investment will save me tons of money in the long run!" Whatever. It is a ok razor. After buying some merkurs, it's hard to use it. I feel like I'm using a cheese grater.

Well my Muehle R89 just came in for the sake of comparison, so the MT1 is a bit lighter so it's a little hard for me to let the razor do the work. The extra weight of the Muehle seems to help in this regard. Also I tend to favor things with the least moving parts so a 3 piece was just a logical transition. Now I did get a few DFS's with the MT1 paired with Feather blades from time to time but, the R89 is a hands down favorite. Now this isn't due to the MT1 being inferior it's just the difference between a heavy 3 piece vs a light weight TTO.

I twist the bottom a 1/4 turn or less to open up the gap a bit (while still maintaining tension on the blade) and get a great shave with the MTO/VDH/Weishi. With a Shark SS it is a smooth as you can get. I agree that many people that bash this razor when they have not even tried it. Why anyone here would bash a mainstream DE that is spreading the gospel, is beyond me.

The Microtouch One was my first safety razor, and in all honesty I feel it is a very good product. I would say it's very good for beginners and those just making the transition to DE shaving, as it is rather mild. I have since upgraded to a more aggressive razor, but I've still kept the MT One, just as a relic if nothing else. If you have a lighter, less coarse beard it may just be perfect for you. Unfortunately it just wasn't a good enough match for my beard. Still a good razor tho!

I really do think it is a fine razor. It's not a good razor, but it's adequate. You get what you pay for and it's a readily available option for a new DE shaver. It's also incredibly mild. I've been shaving with it for 2 months and have yet to nick or cut myself. It's pretty much impossible to get BBS, but a DFS in 3 passes is no problem.

I really do think it is a fine razor. It's not a good razor, but it's adequate. You get what you pay for and it's a readily available option for a new DE shaver. It's also incredibly mild. I've been shaving with it for 2 months and have yet to nick or cut myself. It's pretty much impossible to get BBS, but a DFS in 3 passes is no problem.

I don't understand the inability to obtain a BBS shave. I can easily obtain one, and a number of others who I know also have MT1's also have no difficulty, as we have all compared experiences with this particular razor. You may wish to re-examine your procedures, method etc.
I find my MT1 to be just slightly milder than my Gillette SS's.

I had bought this one on a lark back in December. Build quality was decent, and the shave was very mild. It works though, and isn't a bad razor. Just too mild for me. Probably not worth the asking price, but if you can find it for $5-$10 new, it would be about right.

The MTO is a very effective gateway razor for our hobby. Cheap, decent quality and available. The Rick Harrison commercial brought back memories of watching my dad DE shave and thus got me started on this journey. I never bought one, but nevertheless, the MTO is why I am here.

Basically, my one pass shave gives a perfect acceptable 'off to work' shave, and a second pass against the grain is as close to a BBS as a shave ever needs to be, regardless of the razor. I think for some who 'need' many, many passes to get a very nice shave, maybe it's just in you're angle?

Top Bottom