What's new

Today Is International Left-Handers Day

Lets hear from all our proud lefties who love to write

What do you use, what's your writing technique

Today is your day

Happy Lefty Day from a lefty. I wouldn't say I like to write though. But I appreciate artful writing. But I draw and am artistic ect. What are you referring to when you ask what our writing technique is?

Over hand/ underhand... there are specific techniques developed for left handers to keep from dragging hands over wet ink

Ok that's what I thought you meant but I thought you might be referring to actual special writing styles like calligraphy or something.

I angle the paper and write underhand. I went through a fountain pen/wet ink phase but found it to be too messy and involved for my taste. I've always been in art and drawing with pens and other things so I guess that got my artistic type line work feelings out instead of some kind of creative writing if you know what I mean.

Pen and Ink is one of my favorite art mediums. I have done several drawings that is nothing but stippling(dots) with pens as small as 0.13.

Woohoo happy SouthPaw day! I'm an over writer during normal writing, but an under hand writer when doing calligraphy or when using dip pens in general.

Ok that's what I thought you meant but I thought you might be referring to actual special writing styles like calligraphy or something.

I angle the paper and write underhand. I went through a fountain pen/wet ink phase but found it to be too messy and involved for my taste. I've always been in art and drawing with pens and other things so I guess that got my artistic type line work feelings out instead of some kind of creative writing if you know what I mean.

Pen and Ink is one of my favorite art mediums. I have done several drawings that is nothing but stippling(dots) with pens as small as 0.13.

thats pretty cool sounding, I would love to see some of your stuff if you don't mind posting it.

I'll have to see if I can get a decent scan of one. Since they're just composed of minute dots the scans tend to not pick them up and not turn out well. But it's been a long time since I tried to scan one.

Top Bottom