What's new

Hello from Maryland: A new wet shaver (referred from Flyertalk) and a complaint

Thanks! @Mad Man - my second shave this morning was a million times better than yesterday. No additional razor burns and I got to where I need to be in 2 passes. I am now only struggling with the hair right below my nose and above my lips - I feel scared pushing the razor there - feel like I'll slice my nostrils. I also figured that I always need to to ATG in both passes under my chin/and the neck area - its odd, because when I used cartridges it was always WTG. What seems to be working for me now:

I need to keep reminding myself not to apply pressure, take short swipes (both the exact opposite of cartridge use)

1) Pass 1: On the cheeks: WTG, Neck/under chin: ATG
2) Pass 2: On the cheeks: XTG, Neck/under chin: ATG

(oooh, these acronyms :w00t:...)

Hey Hon...welcome to the Forum. I have kin that live in Mt. Airy, Ijamsville, and Gaithersburg. "Land of Pleasant Living" for sure...until November
$images.jpg

That's a great link, ackvil! Thank you. Acmemfg, "Land of pleasant living" - never knew that's what Maryland is known for, but I completely agree. I'd say upto December (Jan/Feb are the only two months where it could get really cold/snow)

Welcome aboard! I have an EJ89 and the trick is to "Listen" for the right blade angle, at least in my experience. There is a sweet spot that you will find at just the right angle, and then the trick is to keep it there for the duration of the shave in all the different angles of your face. When I started, I was surprised at how far the handle was from my face when I found the correct angle. If I could make a recommendation, Astra SP blades (green box) worked REALLY well for me in that razor. I've since "graduated" to Red Personnas, but the Astra SPs have a permanent spot in my rotation. Good luck!

Welcome aboard Ar! When I use a DE I can typically only go ATG beneath the center of my nose. I also do ear to nose XTG passes above my lip, but the clef will only allow ATG. Nothing unusual about that at all. Keep asking questions, and we'll keep answering them!

Welcome ARJUNRC...

Hey can you guys from MD arrange for a few dozen steamed crabs to be delivered to the seafood vacuum that is Central PA?

Moved here from Baltimore 7 years ago. One thing I've learned is never trust a crabcake that isn't sold within 50 miles of the Inner Harbor.

Welcome aboard! I have an EJ89 and the trick is to "Listen" for the right blade angle, at least in my experience. There is a sweet spot that you will find at just the right angle, and then the trick is to keep it there for the duration of the shave in all the different angles of your face. When I started, I was surprised at how far the handle was from my face when I found the correct angle. If I could make a recommendation, Astra SP blades (green box) worked REALLY well for me in that razor. I've since "graduated" to Red Personnas, but the Astra SPs have a permanent spot in my rotation. Good luck!

Thats exactly right - I'm going for that sound for the most part. Thanks for the Astra SP tip. I also read about Feather. I'll try one of them in my next batch.

Welcome aboard Ar! When I use a DE I can typically only go ATG beneath the center of my nose. I also do ear to nose XTG passes above my lip, but the clef will only allow ATG. Nothing unusual about that at all. Keep asking questions, and we'll keep answering them!

My problem is that I have rather coarse hair and it may scrape very hard - but I am going to try various options, thank you.

Welcome ARJUNRC...

Hey can you guys from MD arrange for a few dozen steamed crabs to be delivered to the seafood vacuum that is Central PA?

Moved here from Baltimore 7 years ago. One thing I've learned is never trust a crabcake that isn't sold within 50 miles of the Inner Harbor.

Ouch! I just assumed PA being 'not so far away' you'd get good crabs there!

Welcome ARJUNRC...

Bharvey, I live in New Orleans and have developed a personal life philosophy.

If you can't see the sea, don't eat the seafood.

So far, so good.

Welcome! Don't be shy about asking questions. Even those that have been answered before. We love the conversation.

Top Bottom