What's new

This is not good

Kind of missed the boat on that chance Dude
I can't see myself ever spending that kind of coin for a pen. Just too many other priorities. Besides, I am way more than pleased with this Pelikan. Exactly the pen I wanted.

Something tells me we have to do lunch again soon; I'll bring my M805, Edison Beaumont, and Vanishing Point with me.

Kind of inviting myself a long, but if you would have me, I'll bring my parker 51 and my parker vac for you guys to play with.

Nah, you did good. Everyone knows MB, only pen geeks recognize Pelikan.

Saw my first MB in a guys pocket in an elevator today. Knew exactly what it was when I saw it (I watch guys shirt pockets since joining The Nib). I also knew it was a ballpoint or roller ball, and turned and faced the front of the elevator with my Parker 21 in my pocket, and a smug look on my face. :shifty:

So, I placed a rather ridiculously large order (mostly ink & paper) about the time I started this thread - weeks ago. Shortly thereafter I picked up the Pelikan 605 I've previously mentioned. Getting underway for two weeks, I didn't want these delivered to my house while I was away, so I had them delivered to my FPO address on the ship. We were supposed to pull in to Port Hueneme for the weekend, which would have meant mail delivery, but alas that got scrubbed and we stayed out the full two weeks. No problem...all my nibular goodies would be waiting for me when we got back.

Or not. I've been back home for over a week now. My order - sent from Phoenix, just a few hours from San Diego - has been stuck in the limbo that is the military mail system since the 14th. Every day, I badger the postal clerk like a 5-year old in the back seat. Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Every day, I am turned away empty-handed. The Nussbaums did their job...the USPS did its job...yet I wait, with anxious anticipation and empty converters, for my new toys to complete the final leg of their journey. Grrr...
:cursing:

So, I placed a rather ridiculously large order (mostly ink & paper) about the time I started this thread - weeks ago. Shortly thereafter I picked up the Pelikan 605 I've previously mentioned. Getting underway for two weeks, I didn't want these delivered to my house while I was away, so I had them delivered to my FPO address on the ship. We were supposed to pull in to Port Hueneme for the weekend, which would have meant mail delivery, but alas that got scrubbed and we stayed out the full two weeks. No problem...all my nibular goodies would be waiting for me when we got back.

Or not. I've been back home for over a week now. My order - sent from Phoenix, just a few hours from San Diego - has been stuck in the limbo that is the military mail system since the 14th. Every day, I badger the postal clerk like a 5-year old in the back seat. Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Every day, I am turned away empty-handed. The Nussbaums did their job...the USPS did its job...yet I wait, with anxious anticipation and empty converters, for my new toys to complete the final leg of their journey. Grrr...
:cursing:

That sucks, but I feel your pain. I waited almost a month before I got my Visconti Salvador Dali pen from England. It was held up in customs for over two freaking weeks.

This thread also caused my downward spiral into everything Brown Leaf. I haven't bought anything nib related since. :blushing:

Both packages finally ended their nomadic journey today. :thumbup:

It's official...I now have a problem.

(Pics when I get home.)

As promised:

$DSCF1647.jpg

New pens: Pelikan 605, Bexley Jitterbug, & a cheapie Hero calligraphy set to play around with stubs

New paper: 2 more G.Lalo pads and envelopes, a few G.Lalo "Thank You" cards, and a 2-pack of Clairefontaine pocket notebooks

New inks: Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine & Amber, Iroshizuku Asa Gao & Yama Budo, plus samples of Kon-Pecki, Sunset, & Old Man Winter

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Last edited:
James Dude,.... you are in sooooo much trouble, your wife is going to kill you and make you cancel your new pipe.... so where you keeping the stuff ?, under the bed, in the closet, at the neighbours house ?