What's new

This is not good

Sounds like you just need some tobacco and you are ready to go. Pop on over and introduce yourself- we don't bite.

I will definitely stop in once I get my paws on his collection, because I have no idea what tobacco to get or where to get it. I'm assuming that the average cigar shop has mediocre pipe tobacco, since the only pipes I've ever seen in cigar shops tend to be geared more toward the "green leaf." :tongue_sm

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I will definitely stop in once I get my paws on his collection, because I have no idea what tobacco to get or where to get it. I'm assuming that the average cigar shop has mediocre pipe tobacco, since the only pipes I've ever seen in cigar shops tend to be geared more toward the "green leaf." :tongue_sm

If you have a decent tobacconist, they should be able to get you some different varieties to try- like aeromatics, Virginia-Latakia blends, etc. Once you pop over we can answer your questions.

So, what you're saying is: a $100 investment in a Pelikan M200 will cure me of wanting to buy any other pens - except for the $400 M600. Thanks, Owen. That's very comforting.

Something tells me we have to do lunch again soon; I'll bring my M805, Edison Beaumont, and Vanishing Point with me.

Something tells me we have to do lunch again soon; I'll bring my M805, Edison Beaumont, and Vanishing Point with me.
Ha! Yes, a fine influence you'd be, Mike. My plan is to get one really nice pen, and maybe a couple mid-level upgrades from my present lot. My present order includes a Bexley Jitterbug, which I plan to eyedropper with a blackety black to use as my "work" pen. That's upgrade #1. I've got a birthday coming up, so I'm thinking of making my nice pen - whatever it ends up being - a gift to myself.

That looks like a lot of pens, ink, and pocketknives tied up in pipes (personal preferences). :001_smile

It's funny, I spent my first few months here buying pens and ink (and avoiding the BL rabbit hole), and then I went over to The Great Outdoors and noticed my knife collection had some deficiencies. I've spent a few weeks researching knives, lights and pocket tools, but I keep checking back into the Nib to see if anything new is happening here. When I feel an itch coming on I go grab a pen and ink and put them to use until I feel comfort with what I have, and realize that my skills still don't measure up to my equipment.

I'm thankful that I'm still happy with my first razor and first two brushes. I've been avoiding the shaving forums for several weeks so I don't run across any other temptations. Sometimes ignorance is bliss - at least financially.

If you have a decent tobacconist, they should be able to get you some different varieties to try- like aeromatics, Virginia-Latakia blends, etc. Once you pop over we can answer your questions.

Yes, indeed, we'd be very glad to have you!

And Price, I knew you'd find your way here eventually! :biggrin1:

Ha! Yes, a fine influence you'd be, Mike. My plan is to get one really nice pen, and maybe a couple mid-level upgrades from my present lot. My present order includes a Bexley Jitterbug, which I plan to eyedropper with a blackety black to use as my "work" pen. That's upgrade #1. I've got a birthday coming up, so I'm thinking of making my nice pen - whatever it ends up being - a gift to myself.

If you are looking for 1 nice pen, you can't go wrong with any of the three Mike listed. Be careful, some people do not like the placement of the clip on the VP.
Another warning, the Pelikan Souveran M805 was the pen that pushed me over the edge!

If you are looking for 1 nice pen, you can't go wrong with any of the three Mike listed. Be careful, some people do not like the placement of the clip on the VP.
Another warning, the Pelikan Souveran M805 was the pen that pushed me over the edge!

Well, the VP for whatever reason just doesn't appeal to me. Looks very cool, but not something I could see myself using. The 805 might be a little too nice for me. Edisons do look interesting, but my "nice" pen is probably going to come down to a few choices - most likely a Pelikan or a Sailor. I'm sure this is where everyone starts to list all the other pens I should be considering in place of this one or that one, but these to me have a classic look that I really like.

James, you could try one of the vintage Pelikan 400NN in Brown Tortoise or Green M400! Great pens and no need to try the M805, then!:biggrin1:

Well, the VP for whatever reason just doesn't appeal to me. Looks very cool, but not something I could see myself using. The 805 might be a little too nice for me. Edisons do look interesting, but my "nice" pen is probably going to come down to a few choices - most likely a Pelikan or a Sailor. I'm sure this is where everyone starts to list all the other pens I should be considering in place of this one or that one, but these to me have a classic look that I really like.

The only difference between the M600-series pens you are interested in and the M805 is size. There are some cool M600-based limited edition pens, but otherwise the M805 is a larger M600/605. In fact, the M805 is perhaps a bit too large for my hands; I should have gone for an M600 based on my handling of the Edison Beaumont.

Well, that was anti-climactic. I had envisioned a prolonged search fraught with frustration, but I got exactly what I wanted - this - on my very first try.
:jump::jump::jump:

I'll be at sea for a couple weeks, so you guys will have to wait for the obligatory pics.

Well, that was anti-climactic. I had envisioned a prolonged search fraught with frustration, but I got exactly what I wanted - this - on my very first try.
:jump::jump::jump:

I'll be at sea for a couple weeks, so you guys will have to wait for the obligatory pics.

Nice work, Price! Enjoy the pen when you get it! :thumbup:

$image.jpg