What's new

Bad Movies

Independence Day.

That's my framework for worst movies - The bigger the budget, the bigger the stink.

Twister tops it for me. The only thing I could think after watching that movie is that the producer who said "I like it" to that script pitch is on the express train to the 10th circle of hell.

There will always be tons unwatchable low budget schlock, indie pieces that amount to directorial masturbation and 'shock' films that have as much jolt as a watch battery. By God's grace these films are forgotten quick enough, with the only worthwhile portions lovingly archived on Mr. Skin.

Bad as they are, these turds will never fill the Hollywood septic tank. That's a job for ludicrously rapid climate change, recurring adolescent wizards and shirtless Greek baby killers.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Zeni, could you be a bit more specific? Are you looking for bad in the Ishtar sence of the word, or movies that are so bad that they've carved out a place in movie lore?

Put me down for They Stole Hitler's Brain.

For truly, offensively, bowel-movingly bad: Titanic, with Kate Winslet and Bumface.

For so bad that it's good: Alien vs. Predator (though I've not yet seen AvP: Requiem!)

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Nothing but Trouble. You'd think John Candy, Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, and Demi Moore could have done better. Alright, Candy, Chase, and Aykroyd at least. That movie was beyond terrible.

I liked Hudson Hawk as well.

I had a list of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I called the list "Very Bad Things" after THE worst movie of all time.

Don't remember much of the list now, but I know "The Eye" was on it. Having just seen "300" over the weekend, I am tempted to add that one as well. What a colossal disappointment that one was.

Pearl Harbor is up there (down there?) as well.

Color purple
Out of Africa
Empire of the Rising Sun
Fresh Horses
Caddyshack 2
Michael Clayton

These are just a few that come to mind.

Having just seen "300" over the weekend, I am tempted to add that one as well. What a colossal disappointment that one was.

This makes it worth watching:

proxy.php

with 300 red diapers how can it not be funny

I have to put up two here from one of my favorite directors, and I think they especially need to go here because, in light of other masterpieces, there was simply no excuse.

Howard the Duck
Star Wars 1 - The Phantom Menace
Star Wars 2 - Attack of the Clones

Star Wars 1 and 2 aren't really the worst moves ever, but from the guy who gave us Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back, these were pathetic. I enjoyed them because the overall story was great. But these seemed like more of a special effects show case (which were not so soon after dwarfed by the incredible Lord of the Rings Trilogy) with an incidental story line. And the dialog was simply atrocious. With all of the time he had to work on these, and with the talent that he assembled, these should have been much better. Star Wars 3 somewhat redeemed him, but it only looked great in light of the previous 2. With the exception of Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson, there were few standouts. And he must have been waxing nostalgic for old Howard the Duck when he created an even more annoying character in Jar Jar Binks.

movies that are so bad that they've carved out a place in movie lore?

Put me down for They Stole Hitler's Brain.

Shudder Ishtar. Once was tooo much. I'm talking about the cheap low budget movies that are so bad that they have a cult following. (Ala Horror movies thread)

Ever see Len Cella's Moron Movies? How he got featured on Bloopers and practical jokes.. oh wait never mind.

Do you mean the 1963 B&W film They Saved Hitler's Brain?

Top Bottom