What's new

My Shaving Zen

During the time of the ordering of the highly coveted Sure Mighty Fine brush, I elected not to order the brush stand. It sure didn't look mighty fine to me. So, off in quest of something properly befitting my growing collection. Who would have thought overstock.com would have the answer!

tealight_thumb.jpg

It's actually a tealight fountain, and should you install batteries and add water, it is a working fountain. Well, I didnt' want the water near my brushes 24/7, but I did like the look. It has taken FOREVER to receive this (the first one was lost), but today it finally arrived. The waiting time? I ordered this the same time I ordered the SMF Brush.

full

full

I think it was worth the wait. Once my ShaveZen is installed in my ShaveDen, I'll post more pics!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sean,

I already had the two stands on either side, not sure what you actually call them. But I like the "asian" influence of the entire thing.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Thanks Sean,

I already had the two stands on either side, not sure what you actually call them. But I like the "asian" influence of the entire thing.

Randy

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....dodads

Scotto said:
Very tranquil... Ommmmmm...<picture me in Lotus Position>

Picture me in the barstool position.....:a8:

That Randy is quite a guy...he probably hums as he shaves...his neighbors probably thinks he's using an electric razor....

It does look very nice....

mark tssb

i wish i had the space for something like that. i have a tiny space on the bathroom windowsill to display my smf brush and razor...

mark the shoeshine boy said:
Picture me in the barstool position.....:a8:

That Randy is quite a guy...he probably hums as he shaves...his neighbors probably thinks he's using an electric razor....

It does look very nice....

mark tssb
Hey Mark,
Isn't that what the old bar leaves behind the tree (before they reach for the Charmin?). :smile:
But, do I like that tea light tree? Yes.... :wink:

I don't hum...however, the shave music is always on...some days Van Halen, others Van Hagar (for those of you not couth enough to know, Van Hagar is Van Halen with Sammy Hagar on vocals!), and other days, Bach. This has been the rotation since I started "real" wet shaving. Maybe I should put in new CDs.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
I don't hum...however, the shave music is always on...some days Van Halen, others Van Hagar (for those of you not couth enough to know, Van Hagar is Van Halen with Sammy Hagar on vocals!), and other days, Bach. This has been the rotation since I started "real" wet shaving. Maybe I should put in new CDs.

Randy
I'd kill myself with anything more than news... Sing along and lose a lip is my old motto. If I get upset with the reports or editorials I need to redouble my concentration. My buddy the cat has almost had me a half dozen times by having me talk to him while actively shaving. :scared:

clhurley2 said:
Randy...you have outdone yourself ! Mind if I borrow the idea ?
Warm Regards, Colleen

Absolutely! I got the "shave zen" from Overstock.com if you're looking for it's twin! Please note, I don't use the fountain...it's all about the "eye-candy"!

Randy

I do my first show in April, and it would be a very attractive way to display my brushes. Thanks for letting me borrow the idea!

Colleen

Colleen,

Welcome aboard!

Also, if you'd like, feel free to take pics of your set up if you choose to use the rtaylor method for product presentation so the rest of us can drool some more. :wink:

-Nick

Good Morning Fellas,

I would love to take a picture...but alas I have no digital camera, I understand that there are some good threads with advice on how to use a digital, ( I'll have to be learning that as well).
Randy is always posting the best pictures, and he seems to have a never ending supply of ideas and shaving products!! so I just follow him around. :wink: lol
If Santa is good to me this year, I'm hoping that money for that camera will be in my stocking by the fireplace. Then I can post pictures too.

Colleen

Thanks for the compliments, but I always feel that my pics are the worst ones! I have SO much to learn about photography. Now, what do I do with that lens cap???

Randy

Top Bottom