What's new

Quality Paper?

Some interesting turn of events for those near Toronto.

I spoke to a brick and mortar store here in the city and they said they were trying to get the tomoe river paper in. Fast forward to this afternoon and i get an email from them saying they got the paper and it should be available in store and on their website by Monday.

Will be interesting to see just how much they plan to charge for it. If the price is right i can see myself getting some. Saves me from paying any shipping charges.

Slueth and Statesman, all kinds of shaving and pen stuff there,.... although I may have spelt their name wrong which is why I originally went with S&S

Last edited:
I know this is obviously very YMMV but does paper from the printer count as quality paper? In my house at the moment it is the only thing usable to write with since lined refill type paper always smudges with fountain pens

I know this is obviously very YMMV but does paper from the printer count as quality paper? In my house at the moment it is the only thing usable to write with since lined refill type paper always smudges with fountain pens
most printer paper will cause feathering of the pens lines, its very absorbent and will suck in so much ink it will travel, a lot of times it will bleed right through to the other side as well. there is some printer paper that members have had success with though. since they are not the highest quality they tend to have little ridges from the paper weave that dont make for the smoothest writing experience, and I know when I bust out a dip pen nib on what I have i begin to pick up little fibers from the page that gum up my tines. Its not always bad stuff, but there certainly is always better... But then anything you enjoy and are happy to use, is always the right thing to use for you, as yes it is very much a YMMV thing

RE: Wonderpens dot com. They have received some great reviews on FPN. You are fortunate to have them local.

I find that most decent-quality laser papers are good with fountain pens, particularly in the 24 lb. weight (and higher). Paper designated for ink jet printers is not so good...it tends to feather and bleed pretty easily.

Top Bottom