What's new

DE Configurations

This was pretty much inspired by the "what razor/ blade did you use today" thread, but I see a few people like to post a picture as well. I like to post a picture too. So i was thinking it would be cool if we had a thread with nothing but pictures of what you used today. You can type a description as well, that is always welcome. I would also like to specifically include whether or not the particular razor/blade combo worked for you or not.

Im going to kick it off with yesterdays shave, as I have not shaved yet today... and might wait until tomorrow (dealing with some brush burn)

$20130617-P6170133.jpg

Replated single ring circa 1913 (bought from Krona Kruiser) with Gillette 7:00 perma (PIF'd by Turtle) and Thayers lemon witch hazel (PIF'd by lowjax) also, I bought the TOBS on the BST, the SOC came at the recommendation of Prof Moriarty and... well ok, the Alum Bloc and Skin food were just something I picked up from reading the forums.

I have to say at this point, I owe my shave and the quality of it to this forum. :lol:

Final note: the blade did not perform wonderfully for me, but it was only the first time I'v used it. I'll try again before deciding if they are for me or not.

Tonight I went with the EJDE89 and a Feather (2) and a wet thin creamy Proraso green lather. Best shave I've had in a while, but I did get a little nick on the upper lip on the ATG pass.
$20130618-P6180136.jpg

Kent K4 + the fat. the Veg :Veg: Astra SP and the "magic" razor from italy.

I am not a straight user for any of you who have come to know me... and this was interesting.
It worked rather well. Got a nick or two (or three) but no substantial blood loss and a DFS.
$20130620-P6200138.jpg

First step in the journey towards shaving with a proper straight.
Not bad at all for the first time, in fact it went quite well.
$20130622-P6220141.jpg

Soap: Euro Palmolive shaving stick
Brush: B&B Orange Boar
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: English Wilkinson (5)
AS: Captains Choice Lime
$P7070010.jpg

Great smooth shave, awesome lather, blade still sharp and smooth on the 5th shave :w00t:

Today I broke out the AoS, I have been missing it. Damn fine shave, nearly BBS but I didnt want to push it as I have been getting some irritation lately. The irritation prompted me to use the preshave oil, which I normally dont use... but I think it made a bit of difference. I also re-applied it between passes.

$20130722-P7220025.jpg

Prep: Shower
Cream: AoS Sandalwood
Pre: AoS Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Razor: 1961 G3 Gillette Gold Slim (Aristocrat)
Blade: Personna Lab Prep Blue

Brush: Omega 10810
Razor: F4 Toggle (7,5,3)
Blade: Gillette Blue Blade NOS
Soap: Mikes Peppermint & Rosemary
AS: Captains Choice Lime :o16:

$P72800282.jpg

Really really great shave. Effortlessly BBS, soap and AS left a nice post feel, smooth and soft. I cant wait to do this again. I am also rather surprised by the performance of the NOS blade... Now I will have to find some more. I wonder how long it will last... ?

Im going to kick it off with yesterdays shave, as I have not shaved yet today... and might wait until tomorrow (dealing with some brush burn)
Not sure what this means. The only brush burn I have had was on my bottom, at a young age. :001_smile
Nice photos by the way.

Not sure what this means. The only brush burn I have had was on my bottom, at a young age. :001_smile
Nice photos by the way.

It was some minor irritation caused by aggressive face lathering with a new boar brush. Kind of pricks into the skin, not very pleasant. :p

Not from today, but from last week. I liked the photo so much that I'm going to cheat and post it here anyway.
$13825183583_3d0bb67179_c.jpg
The razor/blade combo was a Personna Red + Aristocrat. I was happy.

Very pleased with the Med Prep + ATT R2 Atlas combo. 3x on the Med Prep. Though I probably could have got another 2-3 shaves out of the blade, I deposited it into the bank. Sadly, it will not earn interest.
View attachment 439098
Leica M8, Leica Visoflex II/Visoflex III prism, bellows, 90/f4 Elmar lens head, Leica Tabletop Tripod + large ballhead
View attachment 439100
Just tiniest tweak in Aperture to the curves to open up the shadows

Top Bottom