What's new

Well, you finally got me

Much more lol!

I would suggest looking at a Pelikan for your next pen as well. Or a Lamy (my #1 German brand). In any case; enjoy the ride! :wink2:

Addicting? no not at all... while I was waiting for my Pelikan to come in, i did some other shopping:001_rolle.
$IMG_20130810_220902_045.jpg
Is there a Doctor in the forum?:lol:

Addicting? no not at all... while I was waiting for my Pelikan to come in, i did some other shopping:001_rolle.
View attachment 358207
Is there a Doctor in the forum?:lol:

Great score Fuzzy, Looks like a Parker, Wahl-Eversharp, Parker, Parker Vacumatic, can't tell, Parker Vacumatic, Pelikan, not sure on the rest!!! Don't worry it is not addictive:biggrin1:. Although now it looks like you could use some ink and paper!!!

Tom

Thanks Tom.

Paper and more ink coming from Goulet.

The 5th pen is a Parker Signet fine to medium and as smooth as the Pelican. The Signet is the perfect pen for signing the check after a more formal dinner, but now I can't afford dinners anymore! :sad:

No. 8 is a DaniTrio Cum Laude, a member here turned me onto it, and it is amazingly smooth and priced right. (Thanks Andy)

No. 9 is a Parker Challenger Delux that needs some nib work and the last two are cheap Schaffer's -an unknown to me beater and a calligraphy pen.

So, I got my Metropolitan installed the converter and started filling. Is there a better way to fill without making a huge mess?

So, I got my Metropolitan installed the converter and started filling. Is there a better way to fill without making a huge mess?
How did you fill it, I can tell you that I dont make a big mess when I fill, just dunk, squeeze or twist the converter till full then wipe the nib and section on paper towel to get rid of the stuff on the outside, cap the bottle and away i go

How did you fill it, I can tell you that I dont make a big mess when I fill, just dunk, squeeze or twist the converter till full then wipe the nib and section on paper towel to get rid of the stuff on the outside, cap the bottle and away i go

I think part of the problem was that I didn't dunk the entire nib in the ink so I think I was sucking more air than ink. Do you turn it nib up and twist the converter to get the air out and keep filling?

I think part of the problem was that I didn't dunk the entire nib in the ink so I think I was sucking more air than ink. Do you turn it nib up and twist the converter to get the air out and keep filling?

Fill, empty, and fill again, while keeping the ink in the nib. Leave the nib submerged for a few seconds to allow the ink to be drawn up.

You may want to expel one or two drops, or/and blot the feed, to prevent the pen from spilling ink drops.

You are using the con-50 converter correct?

Yes just submerge the pen into the ink past the nib and onto the section or place where you put your fingers on to grip it. Then screw the converter and suck up some ink. If it isn't full or if there are air bubbles there, while keeping the pen submerged in the ink, Screw the converter to expel the ink and then fill it again. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it completely full.

Don't forget to clean the ink off of the section before you use the pen or you will get ink stained fingers.

Here's a video that will help. Still trying to figure out who the guy making the video is :tongue_sm

Last edited by a moderator:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
With new pens . . . well a couple drops of detergent in a coffee cup filled with water will help clean any manufacturing oils out . . . and also let you practice filling. I fill my pens in a sink. My dog would have words with me if I inked him up. One layer of paper towel or Kleenex will never work for wiping off. Ink is made to get into paper. Go for three . . . one piece and fold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom