What's new

Uh-oh

I'm so glad it's today so I can tell you all about my newest pen a Lamy Al-Star Metalic Black LE fine nib. I'll probably swap the nib for a bold or 1.5 italic when I get back.

It was an impulse buy from the auction site, well under market with converter and box included.

$lamy.jpg

It's the sellers photograph, I won't get it in my hands until I return from backpacking in Colorado next week.

Congrats on the Lamy...although I was expecting something much much more. Like a Mont-Blanc.

I know I built it up too much, I'm in grad school and was finishing a paper and didn't have time to really say what I bought. When I start my new job I am getting another Mont Blanc.

I also have been looking hard at this LE and have been to the point of placing the confirm order on the Goulet site more than a few times and I always close the window. When this one popped up for such a good price I couldn't control my FPAD.

Last edited:
I know I built it up too much, I'm in grad school and was finishing a paper and didn't have time to really say what I bought. When I start my new job I am getting another Mont Blanc.

I also have been looking hard at this LE and have been to the point of placing the confirm order on the Goulet site more than a few times and I always close the window. When this one popped up for such a good price I couldn't control my FPAD.

Ha, Im just giving you grief. I actually really like those Lamys. Plan on getting a few of those Al-Stars myself. Next pen will probably be the aluminum Al-star.

I own 7 LE color safaris but not one Al-Star does the extra weight feel like a different pen or no. I figure I should get one but it will be so lonely surrounded by my LE Safaris

Top Bottom