What's new

Art of Shaving tallow soap

Is this hard to track down still(or was it ever)?

I found some Lemon and Sandalwood at a men's salon near me. Grabbed a refill of the Lemon, as I've never tried AOS soap before.

strop

Now half as wise
Sadly, it was discontinued aroud the first of the year. I'd go back and get the rest if I were you. Not everybody likes the clay scent, but it is one of my favorite soaps.

When we found out P&G was had started making the soap, I cleaned out the AoS store at the Stanford Shopping Mall in Palo Alto (near my office) of their old stock tallow first soap.

They had one puck of the sandalwood left and one puck plus one bowl/puck of the lavender. It's wonderful soap. Think I'll use some for tomorrow's shave.

Last edited:
When I found a stash in the wild in May, I cleaned them out, and now have about 3 years of load it like you hate it shaves. Yeah, the stuff is that good, and if I find another stash, I'll clean them out too.

Like I said earlier, a few weeks ago I was in the Dallas Galleria and most of the soaps on the shelves were the tallow formula.

May e I should have bought a few pucks and put them on the B/S/T.

Is this hard to track down still(or was it ever)?

I found some Lemon and Sandalwood at a men's salon near me. Grabbed a refill of the Lemon, as I've never tried AOS soap before.

I used AOS tallow first sandalwood this morning. I have about 2/3 of a puck left. I would pay dearly for another puck!

I luckily found myself a couple pucks... I have not yet tried the new formula but I bet it's always great. I bought into the tallow hype.

Guys - in light of new soap makers such as Mikes and Barrister & Mann and Panna Crema - is there really a reason to stock up on these soaps while multiple options are out there?

Guys - in light of new soap makers such as Mikes and Barrister & Mann and Panna Crema - is there really a reason to stock up on these soaps while multiple options are out there?

The short answer is yes. If you can stock up, do it. Agreed that there are other fine soap makers out there, but they're not AoS...

I'm not a big sandalwood fan so I'll leave these be...

They were at the Boardroom Salon in Highland Village, for any locals reading this.....

I did shave with the lemon this morning. Good shave but the only smell was that of the tallow.

strop

Now half as wise
I did shave with the lemon this morning. Good shave but the only smell was that of the tallow.

I suspect the scent is that of the clay. That is the one negative that these soaps have for some. Personaly doesn't bother me, but
it is a real negative for some.

Top Bottom