Thread: Feather ASD2 DE razor

Default Feather ASD2 DE razor

I am looking to replace my Merkur Vision DE Razor. The adjusting knob has quit working on the Vision. I also own an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth which I like, but I usually use this razor for my final pass. I would like to know if the Feather AS D2 would be much different than the Edwin Jagger in terms of the shaving experience. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I use Martin de Candre shaving soap with all my razors since my daughter travels to France from time to time. DRW

The ASD2 is a VERY mild razor. It's fantastically made (and priced ) but it is a very mild razor. If you have thick or wiry hair then it may not be for you.

While the AS-D2 is mild, I think it can work for most people. I have thick hair and it pretty much any mild razor works fine for me (Gillette Techs, Merkur 15c, Adjustables on minimum settings). The AS-D2 is very mild, but people have said its slightly more aggressive than a old Tech. The AS-D2 will be milder than your EJ.

Images

And as always blade selection can make or break the deal. A "milder" razor paired with a "sharper" blade can yield sweet results.
    FLCU / TLC / LEMS / OGA / KGW / SSBS / SABRE

I didnt like it, i would have to do 3 passes + touch up to get the baby face feel i like.. YMMV

As others have said, it is a very mild razor. I've only been using mine for a week, it takes more effort to get a good shave but it's so mild you can do several passes without irritation.

Images

I have owned the EJ and I own the Feather. The Feather is my daily shaver. It is milder and smoother than the EJ. The aggressiveness can be increased with a Feather blade (something I normally don't do). The EJ cuts closer on each pass than the Feather. Both are quality razors, but the Feather will very likely outlive its owner and their children if properly cared for. I doubt the EJ will.
    TOFLAC-U