What's new

Acquisitions for August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started the month off right! Birth Year Ball End Tech (or as close as it is possible to come)

It should clean up nicely.

proxy.php

My Dad never shaved with a DE as he was primarily a single-blade BIC guy. For his birthday this month, I purchased a 1950 Aristocrat that had a medium amount of plate loss, but most importantly, was in great mechanical and physical shape - whoever used it took great care in not dropping it or scratching it. I will be sending it off shortly for a re-plating job.

Although I bought matching his-and-hers Aristocrats, I could not resist purchasing a birth-year ball end tech for my SWMBO from the 'bay. She is a very happy camper right now...

Looks great! Can you describe the two scents?
Well, I do not have tried them yet, but they smell very very nice. Mountain is very interesting.
Manuel said the scents are
- Mountain : Tea Flower, Lavender, Musk, Cypress, Laurel and Cedar.
- Cítricos : Lemongrass, bitter orange, lime, bergamot and neroli.
Next days I will try them.

Love Col. Littletons leather and canvase drop shaving kits. I'd love to some others especially the classic canvas style. Please share your photos.

This cutie had only a 4$ price tag on the flea market. He is now the newest addition to my travel kit.

$1971 Gilette Mini.jpg
size comparison next to my Edwin Jagger DE89L.

:biggrin1:

Ferrari Racing Red EDT and the big scoop; Foroafeitado 2013 LE by Semogue :thumbup: Genuine horn handle and knot of Selected Silvertip - I can't get my arms down :001_tt1:

A little flash video of the brush can be found here and data + more photos here

proxy.php

$photo.jpg

I ordered a lot of razors off of Ebay particularly because the Fatboy was my father's birth quarter and I thought that was kind of cool(D4.) The lot had 11 razors but these are the only ones I'm interested in keeping and it really has all of the vintage razors I wanted to try except maybe a red tip. I made the case yesterday.

$eBayISAPI (1).YEO.JPG
The Fat Boy should clean up nice, it's my first. The red tip looks as good as the C1 I recently bought and sold, a parting I regretted. The Souplex Bakelite will get a fair test but won't stay unless it impresses.

View attachment 356383

I ordered a lot of razors off of Ebay particularly because the Fatboy was my father's birth quarter and I thought that was kind of cool(D4.) The lot had 11 razors but these are the only ones I'm interested in keeping and it really has all of the vintage razors I wanted to try except maybe a red tip. I made the case yesterday.

The Blue-Tip looks fab!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever are parting with the Blue-Tip give me a shout; it looks fab!

Yeah, I got all of those razors from the same seller and they didn't require any cleaning. I used some MAAS on them but that's it. They're all pretty clean except that Sheraton but she shaves like a champ. I thought it was hideous but gave it a try and I think it's my favorite so far.

Found a brush scuttle with a guy with a AWESOME mustache! Stopped off at the outlet mall and hit up B&BW and picked up (3) small tubes and some aftershave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom