What's new

Yet another Creed price increase coming

A Creed SA told me yesterday that the prices are going up on August 4. So I guess if you are planning to make a purchase it's worth thinking about doing it before then.

I personally think that Creed has already jacked their prices up so much that the stuff isn't even arguably worth it anymore, so this is just beyond the pale in my opinion. It took a while, but they finally moved me firmly into the "totally turned off by Creed" camp.

I always buy my Creed from the discount sites :ohmy:. I realize that in theory if Creed raises their prices, then the prices on the discount sites should go up as well. Thank goodness for the free market system though. It's all about supply and demand. They can only jack up prices so high before people decide to go with something else. You know, really, if Creed raises the retail prices so high that less people buy them at the retail shops and boutiques, then there will be a surplus flooding the secondary discount market and prices really shouldn't be affected there too much. I know, I know.... it's "stale juice".... but I've bought alot of Creed that way and I've also gone the "Creed direct" route before and I've never noticed a difference in quality between the two. All my stuff has been legitimate and so what if it's a year older? I don't care as long as it smells good. For $150 to $200 savings per 4 oz. bottle, I'm willing to take the chance. So far I have not gotten burned buying discount Creed though.

Ben

Could not possibly care less. Their fragrances just don't click for me. Aventus is the only one I would ever consider buying a FB.

I have what I like and I won't be buying anymore if the price increases.
Too bad too. When they were on their game they are quite good.
Not good enough to warrant a price increase though.

When they were on their game they are quite good.
Not good enough to warrant a price increase though.

That's exactly how I feel.

Actually, I don't think they're good enough to have warranted the last price increase, let alone the upcoming one.

Last edited:
So, I haven't had a bottle of Tweed in years, but I was actually thinking about getting another one soon.

What, pray tell, is the difference between the 4.0 oz sprays, the 1,0 oz Eau de Parfume, EDT, etc?

is there a guide somewhere? The last one I bought across a counter without the dizzying choices.

I only care about a couple of their scents, so whatever. It's not important enough to me to drop so much money on this.

Apart from Aventus, I only care for Virgin Island Water and Millesime Imperial. Although, MI has major issues that really knock it down several pegs e.g. price vs longevity vs projection.

Going to be even more challenging to get my GIT, but it is one of the few scents I really enjoy and I don't have too many.

Top Bottom