What's new

What TV series you watching?

The latest press update has me a bit disappointed, as a few shows that I watched didn’t make the renewal cut.

Cancelled:
Constantine
Backstrom
Forever

Renewed:
Elementary
Big Bang Theory
Agents of SHIELD
Agent Carter
Sleepy Hollow
Gotham
The Flash

BBC America doesn’t get into those notice cycles; so I am hoping that Orphan Black and Ripper Street continue on

Finally getting around to watching season 1 of The Black List. So far so good.

I'm a little disappointed to hear Person of Interest only got a 13 episode order for next year. If it's heading for the end though, that should be enough to tie things up reasonably well.

Finally getting around to watching season 1 of The Black List. So far so good.
I watched the Premiere Episode of The Blacklist and thought it was terrific. Intense drama, great acting. So I tuned in for the second episode and it fell flat on its face. I lost interest halfway through but stuck it out hoping it would redeem itself by the end of the hour. It didn't.

I haven't watched a full episode since then, but I do catch 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there once in a while. But the overall story is so complex, you really can't watch snippets and know what's going on.

I want to like this show, but it just doesn't work for me.

I haven't watched a full episode since then, but I do catch 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there once in a while. But the overall story is so complex, you really can't watch snippets and know what's going on.

I want to like this show, but it just doesn't work for me.

I think there is some unevenness to the show, but it has enough going to hook me. I'm 12 episodes in and like most network shows, there have been a couple of throw-away episodes that don't really do much to advance the story. For the most part though, I've found it to be entertaining. For me the highpoint has been watching James Spader swagger through his role. Even when the episode isn't written so well, his part is usually written well enough to be entertaining. I enjoyed the mid-season double episode for the most part and am hopeful that the run up to the end of the season will be good as well.

I think given all the moving parts it's best to watch the show in rapid sequence. Honestly, I have a hard time watching anything weekly at broadcast time anymore.

Just started watching Banshee on Cinemax via Amazon Prime.

High production values. Utter trash. Ultra violence. Not sure how long I can take it!

Way too many atm. Recently though I found out that I have access to Hulu Plus. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Hulu Originals are. Deadbeat, Wrong Mans specifically.

I've been watching several shows that are in the second or later seasons and I'm rapidly losing interest in them.

Bitten on SyFy started out okay but this season it's really gone down hill.

Orphan Black on BBC is a show that started out great and I'm quickly losing interest, the addition of the "brothers" didn't do anything positive for the show IMO. The scorpion is the best character on the show.

Grim on NBC seems to have jumped the shark this past season. Nick's initial reaction to Juliette's transformation seemed forced and out of character.

Several shows just keep getting better.

The Blacklist is fantastic and the season finale was great.

The Walking Dead. I'm enjoying the story line and character development immensely.

The Flash ..

is it on par with Arrow as far as quality/script? it seems that the show is a bit more lighthearted than arrow. Since arrow is a bit on the dark side.

I'm on season two of Arrow and i got to the episode where the flash starred (before he turned into the flash). He's definitely not a brooding character

Silicon Valley is either getting better or it's growing on me. Or both.
Do not watch if you are not a fan of gratuitous profanity.

Just started watching Planet Earth. The amount of work that must go into producing a series like that is astounding.

Took 5 years to make. Its an amazing documentary... Its actually the only Blu Ray I own. I hope your watching the version with the great David Attenborough and not the American version with Sigourney Weaver as the narrator.

I watched a couple of episodes of Dice, on ShowTime. It is funnier than what I thought it would be. Clay plays himself: a fallen celebrity, circling the outskirts of fame and dealing with ego issues and the grind of daily life.
The show involves Clay simultaneously fighting to establish a separate identity from his "Dice" character, while at the same time falling back on the character whenever his ego requires it. It isn't bad.

I have been hooked on The Good Wife with Julianna Margulies since the first season. It is now down to the pen-ultimate episode before the Grand Finale, and the tension and drama is intense. Although this show Jumped the Shark years ago (when Will Gardner died) I have to see it through to the end. Because the storyline is so complex, with each episode referencing stuff that happened 6 months ago, you need to watch every episode, in order, or else you will be lost.

Another good addition to the CBS Sunday Night line-up is Madam Secretary, with Tea Leone as the U.S. Secretary of State. Each episode is a stand-alone story, so you can watch them in any order. It is well-written, well-acted, and presents a very plausible view of balancing a high-profile government job with being a wife and mother.

Ijust watched both of these programs tonight.
I have been hooked on The Good Wife with Julianna Margulies since the first season. It is now down to the pen-ultimate episode before the Grand Finale, and the tension and drama is intense. Although this show Jumped the Shark years ago (when Will Gardner died) I have to see it through to the end. Because the storyline is so complex, with each episode referencing stuff that happened 6 months ago, you need to watch every episode, in order, or else you will be lost.

Another good addition to the CBS Sunday Night line-up is Madam Secretary, with Tea Leone as the U.S. Secretary of State. Each episode is a stand-alone story, so you can watch them in any order. It is well-written, well-acted, and presents a very plausible view of balancing a high-profile government job with being a wife and mother.

Top Bottom