What's new

Razors and the such for ladies

Hey All,

My twin sister is interested in trying out wet-shaving and I hoping to
get a few recommendations of razors and blades to use, whether it be an
DE or injector. Is there something she can start out on that's simple and
then graduate too? As you know, disposables razors are expensive (they have a lot more
territory to cover than us!) and this seems like a great avenue to explore to save some $$$
so she can spend it elsewhere.. like me on our Birthday :lol:
Once again, thanks guys.

they have a lot more
territory to cover than us!

You sir, are neither a swimmer nor a cyclist! =P

As for recommendations, I know that both schick and gillette made lady razors, although the differences are just colors and handle lengths in the case of the gillette. I would just get her to sit with you and show her different razors and brushes here and on ebay and see what she likes. Performance isn't quite as big an issue when you are just starting out, plus she wouldn't be able to appreciate it as she will be more concerned with learning technique and such rather than if her brush is lathering as efficiently as possible. As for blades, do what you would do for your face, get a sample pack and let her test them to see what suits her best. Plus she might find that one blade works better on her armpits and one works better on her legs.

Your right they do have much more area to cover but ladies leg hair is alot finer than our whiskers, their legs are not as sensitive as our faces. All this means it doesn't take as many passes. My wife usually only needs one pass. She was very reluctant at first because she saw me nick the hell out of myself the first day with a DE. After a few "lessons" and a demonstration she's all about it and her legs have never felt softer. Gillette made a Ladies Blue Star which is essentially a super speed with a longer handle. They are for some reason in demand lately on the bay and might cost you around 25. As always check the antique stores. We were lucky we found ours in my mother in laws bath room.

My man converted me over to DE by getting me a Weishi. :thumbup1: I enjoy it paired with a Dorco. It is pretty gentle and easy to use on the legs.

The Lady Eversharp (Schick) model K2, from the 1960s. These are mine... I'm hoping that my daughters will realize the folly of waxing, and agree to accept-and-use these (together with matching eShave shaving brushes and the shaving soaps/creams of their choice).

proxy.php

Wow, those blades a very pretty.. I think my sister would love
the light blue one paired with a blue eShave brush.
Thanks for all the info boys and girls, keep it coming.. and if possible,
add pics too! That way I can show my twin what's available.

+1 on the lady Eversharp. Longer handle than the Gillettes so the ladies can reach their ankles without too much strain. If they have hairy toes, that is another matter!

Plus they go for less on E-bay right now. All are Hydro-Magic, so they clean nicely.

+1 on the lady Eversharp. Longer handle than the Gillettes so the ladies can reach their ankles without too much strain. If they have hairy toes, that is another matter!

Plus they go for less on E-bay right now. All are Hydro-Magic, so they clean nicely.

Hilarious! I never met a women w/ hairy toes. After a bit of research I think I'm try to find an Eversharp or two.. probably be easier for my sis to start out with, than a traditional DE. Thanks!

Top Bottom