What's new

Razor Emporium and Poor Service - READ POST 43

It seems these people are only out to make a quick buck off other's razors. I guess they make more selling the razor than replating and sending back to the customer. I would just get a lawyer there is pain and suffering in there somewhere I am sure. A lawsuit might wake them up so they start doing the right thing. I think just avoiding this company like the plague is best for everyone.

I sure hope you call him right up and demand he get your razor back. Like said above, it's a family heirloom, not something you found on ebay. Good luck--and keep us posted.

What a sad story, to lose a razor is upsetting but to lose an irreplaceable heirloom is tragic. I've only ever heard horror stories about that company over the years and have no plans of doing business with them. Maybe you could also lodge a compaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Given the sentimental value of the razor, I'd be on a plane to Phoenix, and I'd make him explain to me face to face, rather than by email or phone, 1) why he sold my valuable family heirloom, and 2) how he planned to recover it and return it to me. Absent a satisfactory answer, I'd head straight to whatever agency handles such matters in the state of Arizona. Perhaps even law enforcement.

Don't let this go. Get your razor back.

From the sounds of it, this is a criminal matter more than a BBB issue. Its no different than taking your Jewellery, Laptop or Car in for a repair and having the business operator fix it up and sell it. Commerce and trade would cease to exist if all businesses ran this criminally.

One post in and what an entrance. Under the circumstances I'm at a loss as to what to say that's appropriate. I hope you stick around and I wish you luck in recovering your razors. Welcome to B&B?

Hi everyone razor emporium definitely is a joke I bought a.slim off one of there Ebay ads the des,ition said nt being broken so.i bought the razor received it and spent two.weeks sending email after email never got one.single message.back. Luckilyebay refunded.me my money. Get this after the entire situation razor.emporium finally got in touch by leaving negative feedback on my Ebay saying I was a awful buyer

My wife sent in my Gillette British Aristocrat #66 to RE for replating as a Christmas gift. Obviously I didn't know she used RE until after the razor was sent in and the money was paid.
About 8 months later I got the razor back. The re-plating was mediocre at best, but at least I got the razor back. I never told my wife how nervous I was about her using RE.

Wow. Very sorry to hear this OP. Hopefully people will take this as a severe warning and not give them their business...I know I will not be.

I just restore as a hobby and in 10 years I've never ever managed to lose a razor.

It's not exactly rocket science to keep track of things. I just fill out a work slip listing date code and any particular features of a razor and of course the customer details, it's then just a case of keeping the razor with the paper as it progresses.

If two Identical razors arrive from different owners, I don't put these into the same batch in case parts get mixed.

Sometimes, I've had to replace the odd part of a razor for someone because the original part has been faulty (I have some spare parts) and I always clear this with the owner first and send back the faulty original with the razor.

My own razors (that I haven't got around to restoring) are kept well away from those I'm working on for customers. I just cannot fathom how one could mistakenly sell a razor belonging to a customer.

I hope the situation is resolved anyway.

Sadly not much will come of this I am sure other than by educating others via this website and word of mouth to avoid these clowns like the plague. I think there is hardly a criminal case here, pretty tricky to prove intent ("Mens rea" is required in criminal proceedings. Doubtful you will find that here).

Civil is always an alternative but you are gonna have to pay an attorney up front. Again doubtful the damages would be huge enough to find a lawyer who would take this on a contingency. But then...you might. Pity some B&B member in your state isn't a lawyer who would file an action against these fools if, for no other reason, but to get their attention.

Given the sentimental value of the razor, I'd be on a plane to Phoenix, and I'd make him explain to me face to face, rather than by email or phone, 1) why he sold my valuable family heirloom, and 2) how he planned to recover it and return it to me. Absent a satisfactory answer, I'd head straight to whatever agency handles such matters in the state of Arizona. Perhaps even law enforcement.

Don't let this go. Get your razor back.

I think this sums up my thoughts about your loss. I know what the pain of having heirlooms lost or stolen feels like, and I hope you get a positive resolution to this.

I feel terrible for you. Like others have stated, post your information here- there is a slight chance a member, or contact of a member might have information on the razor. Based on my interactions here, the gentlemen (and ladies!) here would be more than pleased to help out. I for one would not hesitate to return the item to you.

Best of luck

I can see how people get sucked in. The video, the nice shiny "better than new" red tips for sale.
Wonder who they get to do their replating for them? :w00t:

Wow..... after reading all these post on Matt and his business, I guess I have been one of the lucky ones......I bought a 1940's fat handle off his site, and it did take about 11 days to get here, I called after a week and Tiffany told me they had been out of town and the person at the store was not sure which razor to ship......that is scary......so I got the razor an it was nice.......About a week later I ordered a 1932 Gillette ball end tech and got it in within 3 days, but it was not the razor that was shown for sale.....The one shown was from Canada, an I got a 1940's or so ball end that was made from the US. I called Matt to let him know and he went in for all the excuses that they were trying a new system and it must have got the wrong number placed it......so OK, it can happen.....So I told him that it was fine and would just keep the razor that came in.....But I won't be doing any more business with him again after reading all the problems that are folks here have had with him and his business......

Top Bottom