Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razor Emporium "We have only 2-3 that are missing right now.

1. Default Razor Emporium "We have only 2-3 that are missing right now.

I sent my deceased father's razor to Matthew Pisarcik, owner of Razor Emporium in Phoenix, AZ, for replating in October, 2012. I find out now, at the end of July, 2013, that he's actually sold it to another customer.

Most priceless of his responses? "We have only 2-3 that are missing right now."

Be careful.

Images

You could have knocked me over with a feather.
    Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

Bager & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

Welcome to B&B forum even if its under unfortunate circumstances. Can you explain more about how this came to be? Did you follow up with Razor Emporium after 9 months or has this situation been dragging on for some time? What are they doing to find out who your Razor was sold to? It might even be sold to a member of B&B.
    "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." Bill Shakespeare.

For future reference for replating use dale @reliable plating in Massachusetts. I hate you did not ask for advice before you sent to them, they are not a good company. I would talk to the BBB & their states attorney general concerning this. They have got away with this kind of crap too many times. If you read this forum "do not use those people".

I would demand that he obtain the razor back from who he sold it to. I think every one of us would give it back if we were the ones who purchased it. It would be easy enough for him to replace. What a freaking idiot.
    Aloha, Ronnie

Images

That's a heartbreaking story and irresponsible beyond belief on Razor Emporiums end. I'm sure if it was sold to a B&B member we'd see a favourable outcome to this story. I wish you good luck with a resolution.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][I][B]Andy
    [/B][/I][/COLOR]Professional Member FFF
    Proud Member of [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=153"]Godzone[/URL] and [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=25"]Great Southern Land[/URL] drop in and say G'day!

Apparently you're not the first person this has happened too.

From this thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...-Revamp!/page2

Quote Originally Posted by almaga View Post
    I wish you the best but I sent them a 59 Fatboy about a month ago and emailed the form instead of sending with package.. I called about a week ago and guess what they said oh its been sold by accident.. Still working on a solution with Matt I do give the guy some credit he said he would send me a replated one but I sent him one with case and all.. I was pretty upset but guess I was lucky that I bought it to shave not collect..Good Luck and Best wishes Im sure it will turn out ok
    They will never, ever get a single cent from me.

I'm truly sorry that happened, especially with a razor that means so much to you.
    -Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Aloha View Post
    I would demand that he obtain the razor back from who he sold it to. I think every one of us would give it back if we were the ones who purchased it. It would be easy enough for him to replace. What a freaking idiot.
    + a googleplex to this.
    That razor is a family heirloom and not just some Ebay/flea market find so demand he recover and return the exact same razor and IMOHO a full refund of your money just on principle.
    Sounds like there have been several "accidental" sales,once is careless/mistake more than that is restocking.

Images

I've actually had a couple other replaters (not RE) mix stuff up and not send me the right razor/parts back.... but to their credit, they have always come through in the end and got me my stuff. Still, you hear these stories and they seem quite frequent. Mistakes happen.... it's what we do about them that really matters in the end. Hopefully you get your razor back..... unfortunately you are at their mercy for the time being.

Ben
    BOTOC / The Order of the Fat / 3017'er

Images

Wow, I would demand they source the razor and return it to you. I really hope they do this, please keep up posted. All the best!
    MATT
    ...I became once again the master of the clock instead of its servant and my little daily ritual took on an added sweetness that hadn't been there just a moment before. ~ Drandall

Post a description and pic if you have one. You might find your razor among the members here.

Those guys are a joke. How are they still in business?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AABCDS View Post
    Those guys are a joke. How are they still in business?
    That's a good question.
    Shawn

Images

What a business plan. Based on what I have seen here I would give them a wide berth.
    Jim P. - St. Petersburg, FL

ackvil (at) badgerandblade.com

Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

"Winning is
    like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."
    Jack Kemp

“Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open.” Words of advice from my late mother.

It seems these people are only out to make a quick buck off other's razors. I guess they make more selling the razor than replating and sending back to the customer. I would just get a lawyer there is pain and suffering in there somewhere I am sure. A lawsuit might wake them up so they start doing the right thing. I think just avoiding this company like the plague is best for everyone.

I sure hope you call him right up and demand he get your razor back. Like said above, it's a family heirloom, not something you found on ebay. Good luck--and keep us posted.
    ~Bob - Member: TOFLAC-U, Order of Pinaud, Alliance of Merkur
    "I was born in the back seat of a Yellow Cab in a hospital loading zone and with the meter still running. I emerged needing a shave and shouted 'Time Square, and step on it!'"--Tom Waits

What a sad story, to lose a razor is upsetting but to lose an irreplaceable heirloom is tragic. I've only ever heard horror stories about that company over the years and have no plans of doing business with them. Maybe you could also lodge a compaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Given the sentimental value of the razor, I'd be on a plane to Phoenix, and I'd make him explain to me face to face, rather than by email or phone, 1) why he sold my valuable family heirloom, and 2) how he planned to recover it and return it to me. Absent a satisfactory answer, I'd head straight to whatever agency handles such matters in the state of Arizona. Perhaps even law enforcement.

Don't let this go. Get your razor back.

From the sounds of it, this is a criminal matter more than a BBB issue. Its no different than taking your Jewellery, Laptop or Car in for a repair and having the business operator fix it up and sell it. Commerce and trade would cease to exist if all businesses ran this criminally.