What's new

What use did you give your pens today?

OK ... I am dying for an explanation lol!

Easy enough. In the US you need to submit paperwork to the (local) government if you are conducting business under a pseudonym or fictitious business name (what we call a "doing business as" or DBA). Registration isn't required if your first and last name are in the business title because there is little or no confusion about it.

If my name was Sam Smith, owning a company called "Sam Smith Shaving Supplies" does not require a fictitious biz registration. However, "Sam's Shaving Supplies" or "San Diego Shaving Supplies" does require a registration because Sam's full name is not in the title.

Clear as Noodler's Black? :wink2:

Yesterday, I wrote a letter to my eldest, currently 3, explaining what I knew of my family history. i also told him where he could find his birth year bottle of Thomas Hardy's Ale.

Today, I did not bring the pen in because I was training and it is hard for me to get the FP to write 100 percent of the time under good conditions, let along under duress.

I wrote a few pages in the journal today, and started a letter to my Aunt for her birthday. "Dear...." I'll have some catch-up to do tomorrow.

Wrote down some passwords for files I've sent clients. That's right, I write down passwords. And I work in IT Security. I also challenge anyone to pick the right password out of my password notebook for any specific file/use. :) There are only a couple hundred to go through, no worries. My password notebook is like a one-time pad for me. It's great and makes sending out files to clients confidentially a bit easier since I just need to create the password, not remember it.

Also signed a bunch of documents for approvals/denials. Yay fun.

Cheers,

M.

What red ink do you use? My experience with reds is that they clog easily.

I'm using scribal workshop cryptid. It is a nice red, but tends to write dry, and dry out in the nib easily. I have to give it a quick dip in water in the morning. That gets it running for the day, then I have to repeat the next morning. I think I'm going to try diamine, waterman or sheaffer next just to try it out. PM incoming--I can send you a sample or 2 if you are interested.

I'm using scribal workshop cryptid. It is a nice red, but tends to write dry, and dry out in the nib easily. I have to give it a quick dip in water in the morning. That gets it running for the day, then I have to repeat the next morning. I think I'm going to try diamine, waterman or sheaffer next just to try it out. PM incoming--I can send you a sample or 2 if you are interested.

After reading this, I think this ink is not really compatible with many of my pens. My best reds were the Rotring inks, but they were discontinued a long time ago.

I am using a green ink now, to take notes of my work, and the combination with the cream colored paper of my notebook is heavenly :001_cool:

Today I am doing some work stuff, writing orders. I am also doing a lot of doodling and later will use the pen when playing darts with some friends. I really need to get through this lamy cartridge so I can try another ink.

Today writing a terse letter to management at a resort in Scottsdale, that I had injured myself at...... funny how writing with a FP calms you down when composing .....

Daily entry into my straight razor journal using a Shaffer Prelude, bold nib, filled with Noodler's Antietam Red Ink (pretty appropriate for my lack of straight razor ability!). :bored:

Two pages of Daily Journal entry using a Waterman Phileas, medium nib, filled with Noodler's Benevolent Badger Blue Ink.

Cards to each of my two Grandkids using a Waterman Carene, medium nib, filled with Waterman Blue Ink.

All of these while sitting outside at Starbuck's enjoying some coffee, the light breeze and cool early morning weather.

Enjoy your pens and inks!

Don

I notarized an auto title, and two lien waivers with my Parker 51. Then wrote some letters with an Esterbrook.

This morning I reviewed a technical article, written bij a colleague. I prefer to do reviews with printed copies, and later annotating the original computer text.

Filled out a rebate card and envelope for my son's ten dollar rebate offer on the spinning reel/rod combo he bought yesterday.

Catching a ton of fat bluegills last week exposed him to a whole new level of fun that isn't found at the keyboard of his laptop or his PS3 controller.

He pulled some cash out of his savings and bought fishing gear instead of software.

Now if the rain would just stop for a while........two tubes of crickets are as ready to go as we are.

Top Bottom