What's new

Personna injector blades

So I've had a hard time finding packs of injector blades
for my Schick adjustable, and when I did the prices are borderline
ridiculous. But recently I found this site that sells packs of 20 personna
injector blades for 4.75 each.. that doesn't seem bad compared to 5 plus
dollars for a pack of 7 at various stores or online. But my question is,
are these blades usable? Has anybody used them? Lastly, I believe these
blades are for straight razors, but I can't imagine it's too difficult to reload
my old injector..

Thanks!

http://stores.atlantabarber.com/-strse-135/Personna-Injector-Blades/Detail.bok

I've never used this brand but I'd be willing to bet that they are the same as store brand injector blades. You get what you pay for. Look on ebay for the old stock Schick brand. They're the best IMO.

I believe these are the same blades sold by Ted Pella for $4.50 for 20 - if they are, they're good blades at a good price.

The first shave can be a little harsh - especially in the older E-Type injectors, but they mellow out nicely and last 4-5 shaves for me.

The pack has the key removed, because the blades are usually ejected completely and then put into hairdressing razors. You'll need another pack with a key to install the blades.

I've never used this brand but I'd be willing to bet that they are the same as store brand injector blades. You get what you pay for. Look on ebay for the old stock Schick brand. They're the best IMO.

I like the Schick brand ones. But they're not that cheap. I think they are $4.50/7 from drugstore.com

I like the Schick brand ones. But they're not that cheap. I think they are $4.50/7 from drugstore.com

Those aren't the old stock Schicks. Old stock Schicks usually can only be found on Ebay or some other auction site & not that often to boot. They usually come in 15 or 11 count depending on the year they were made.

The ones you have are current injector blades made in Germany. I have a bunch of them too & in my opinion they're...well...ummm...ok I guess...but the OS Schicks are much better.

I have a unopened pack made in the 70's that I'm hoarding until someone pries it out of my cold dead fingers. :biggrin: :a33:

Those aren't the old stock Schicks. Old stock Schicks usually can only be found on Ebay or some other auction site & not that often to boot. They usually come in 15 or 11 count depending on the year they were made.

The ones you have are current injector blades made in Germany. I have a bunch of them too & in my opinion they're...well...ummm...ok I guess...but the OS Schicks are much better.

I have a unopened pack made in the 70's that I'm hoarding until someone pries it out of my cold dead fingers. :biggrin: :a33:
Oh, I see. Well, in general I've heard people say that the new schick blades are still better than the personnas/store brand. I like them.

My experience with the Germany Schicks is that they too are shaky the first shave or two, then calm down for several good shaves. I am on shave 5 and it was the best yet....

My experience with the Germany Schicks is that they too are shaky the first shave or two, then calm down for several good shaves. I am on shave 5 and it was the best yet....

I think the most I've tried out of one is 4 so far. Maybe I'll just keep going with this new blade.

You may be able to find American Schick blades at a local store that doesn't have a lot of turnover. Read the package to see where it was made.

Top Bottom