What's new

D.C. Supershow August 9th to the 11th

Well! I finally made it to my first (and definitely not last) DC Fountain Pen Supershow. SWMBO and I arrived yesterday morning around 10:30 a.m. and stuck around until 4:00 in the afternoon. I can definitely tell you that this is not enough time to see everything! It was very busy, crowded, and sometimes difficult to get close to the items that you want to examine more closely because of the crush of people. But...I did manage to accomplish a few things!

First, I actually got to meet the infamous, legendary king of the P51s, our own brianw! We had a nice chat and he showed me a few very interesting new things (I can assure you that the long, frustrating wait will be well worth it!) Unfortunately, once we parted in the morning, we didn't run into each other for the rest of the day. Considering the crowds, it's probably not surprising.

I did manage to score a few nice new additions to the Snargle Stable: A Lamy 2000, a Sheaffer Balance, a Parker Parkette, and a WASP Addipoint. I also grabbed a bottle of Diamine Asa Blue ink. I'll post more details on these in the August Acquisitions thread.

I ambushed Brian and Rachel Goulet just as they were walking in the door and spent a few minutes chatting with them. They're just as nice in person as they are online!

I was so overwhelmed by everything that I didn't really spend much time taking photos, but I did grab a few.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just Haaaaaaaaad to post a pic of the Edisons huh? :a32:

Just Kidding, I'm drooling over those pics. I hope to make it next year for the 1st annual B&B Nib meet up. :biggrin1:

Rats!

I'm looking for a medium nib for a nononsense. I'm assuming they're the same as the cartridge school pens that Scheaffer had around. I just thought this morning about asking folks going to the show to see if they might find one in the part tubs I saw in many of the pictures.

Oh well, probably too late.

Maybe I'll remember at the next show. Wait a minute! I'm over 60. I'll be fortunate to remember I'm looking for another nib.

BTW, do you think I'd find one at a show like this for a couple-a-bucks? Or are these shows like gun shows were all things are rare and overpriced.

Last edited:
Rats!

I'm looking for a medium nib for a nononsense. I'm assuming they're the same as the cartridge school pens that Scheaffer had around. I just thought this morning about asking folks going to the show to see if they might find one in the part tubs I saw in many of the pictures.

Oh well, probably too late.

Maybe I'll remember at the next show. Wait a minute! I'm over 60. I'll be fortunate to remember I'm looking for another nib.

BTW, do you think I'd find one at a show like this for a couple-a-bucks? Or are these shows like gun shows were all things are rare and overpriced.
I think you could have picked up an entire user-grade NoNonsense for a few dollars. If all you're looking for is the nib, that should be pretty simple.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Thank you all for the pictures. It looks like it was a superb experience had by all.

Larry, sorry that I missed you. That said, it was great seeing BrianW, even if I never made it into the show itself (darn work getting in the way of life).

Brian and Larry,

Thanks so much for the photos. It's been great to get a sense for the show through you both. Circumstances have made me miss the Chicago show the last two years and I couldn't swing a trip to DC to look at pens, so your photographic talents have not gone unnoticed.

Great thread!
Rob

Top Bottom