What's new

Dorco blades

are terrible :cursing: even after my normal beard prep (including corking) it was like shaving with a horse hoof file. YMMV. :w00t:

Have you tried them without corking?

those are mild enough that corking might detract from them.

I've done the dorco twice and had excellent results. I VERY LIGHTLY corked them.

I've been guilty of overcorking in the past. To the point that it completely dulled a gillette bleue to the point of not shaving anymore.

I'm just sayin.

I've tried them uncorked and they just seem to pull. I haven't been able to get a whole pass from them! But, popular opinion is pretty high on them (once again proving YMMV)

::shakes head::

I think they're great. I don't remember the last time I corked a blade. These blades just work well for me. To each his own.

Well, for me, either Dorco's or Crystal IPs are the best...it depends on which razor I am using. In my 40's SS, I like the Dorco's but in my Mergress, I think I prefer the Crystals. Hey, look at it this way. Now you know that Dorcos are not for you. The good news is, there are so many great blades out there in so many varieties from sharp to smooth (and a lot of terrible ones too!) the right one for your face/beard/razor is sure to be out there, and you can knock this one off your list...More Dorcos for me!!!

The dorcos aren't the sharpest out there, and to me they pull slightly... but... they give zero irritation after the shave(visual or touch). I think they provide a better shave after the first use. Very surprising since other blades that have pulled for me end up causing lots of irritation.

::shakes head::

I think they're great. I don't remember the last time I corked a blade. These blades just work well for me. To each his own.

I think they're very good blades - a touch less sharp than the Derby, but a nice cheap blade that give good shaves with minimal irritation.

Anyone know if the Dollar Store type Korean blades are the same as the Dorcos? Guess i could spend a buck and find out but inquiring minds are seeking the experience of the gurus here.

IME, Dorco on day 1 is not that great.

Dorco on day 2 and 3 is a great shave.

Dorco on day 4+ is not my cup of tea.

Corking Dorco blades is not recommended. Unless you're 5 years old. But if you're 5 and your shaving . . . well that's something else altogether. :lol:

Dorcos are my kids (10 & 11) favorite blades. They always ask if I'm using them, so they can call me "Dorco Man". At least I think it's because of the blades......:eek:

IME, Dorco on day 1 is not that great.

Dorco on day 2 and 3 is a great shave.

Dorco on day 4+ is not my cup of tea.

Corking Dorco blades is not recommended. Unless you're 5 years old. But if you're 5 and your shaving . . . well that's something else altogether. :lol:

That about sums it up, but I don't mind the shave on day one. I do agree that these are (at lest for me) 3 shaves only blades.

I just used a new one today in my Merkur Classic and went throught a couple of days of growth with no problems and no irritation.

These are great for travelling since they only cost 8 cents per blade (when bought from Westcosastshaving.com by the 100) - so who cares if you chuck them after only one or two shaves.

I agree that blade preference is a very personal/YMMV type of thing.

I suppose Dorcos are one of those YMMV blades. I tried one this morning for the first time and, for the first time in two weeks, I drew some blood. Of course, I did shave before I had coffee, so there is that.

I've just ordered a hundred and hope they work out.

I'm glad to hear peeps compare them to Derby's, since Derby is my "Go To" blade. :thumbup1:

I find they provide an extremely nice irritation free shave. I give them a big thumbs up!

AND ... they're 8 cents a pop ... how can you go wrong?

Top Bottom