What's new

Bronner's as a shampoo?

I used Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree soap as a body and face wash today and liked the results. I'm considering using it as a shampoo.

Has anyone tried this? Does it work well?

I've used the peppermint a few times. It works in a pinch, but I much prefer a real shampoo. It was a little drying to both hair and scalp.

In that case I'll pass. My problem with normal shampoo (right now I use Prell) is that it, in combination with the winter weather, really dries on my hair and leaves it limp.

I use Dr. Bonners for shampoo from time to time---either peppermint or almond. I have very short hair and use a leave in conditioner after i shower. No problem with over drying hair or scalp.

Mike

I've tried Dr. Bronner's as a shampoo before and my hair was left...squeaky (the only word I can think of). This is not inherently a bad thing I suppose, but it felt really odd.

I actually asked my stylist if she had ever heard of the soap and if she would recommend using it as a shampoo, and here is what she said (or something close to it).

"Yes, I have heard of Dr. Bronner's and yes, I have heard of people washing their hair with it. I would not recommend it to everyone, but it works for some people SOMETIMES. If you have really oily hair, a couple of times per week can help you keep it under control. Or, if you use a lot of 'gunky' products, once a week can help strip away the residue left over by those products. For most people, I would advise against using Dr. Bronner's as a shampoo...it can really strip away a lot from your hair and leave it thinner."

Obviously a paraphrase, but this lady knows her stuff!

I've taken it backpacking before largely because I can use to clean everything from hair to dishes to brushing teeth (yes, it tastes just as you might imagine), but I wouldn't use it on hair regularly...it's pretty strong stuff.

Top Bottom