What's new

Gulp. This is going to be one big doggie.

So due to unforeseen circumstances we had to take our last puppy "Duke" back. So my wife & I hunted for another and we were fortunate to have found an AKC registered breeder of Boxers here in town. (Unlike the last one who claimed she was) You know that saying "Be careful what you wish for"? We'll we found our wish. Basically we wanted:
A big boxer√
Blue eyes√
AKC Certified √
A breeder of high standards√
Certified by vet√
Bank account lower√

Well patience has paid off. Went to the breeders home and both parents were intermingling with the puppies.More importantly their temperament was outstanding while the area inside the home & covered patio area was VERY clean. On the first call we asked the lady if we could stop by with a five minutes notice twice. I was impressed. Anyway the puppy blue eyes are amazing. Wish I could have taken a pic. This puppy is huge at six weeks. That's my size ten sandle next to him! Two more weeks we pick him up!!

Attachments

• $IMG_20130714_114508_227.jpg
    $IMG_20130714_114508_227.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 295
  • $IMG_20130714_114346_401.jpg
    $IMG_20130714_114346_401.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 294
  • $IMG_20130714_120205_729.jpg
    $IMG_20130714_120205_729.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 295
Cute! But that's not a big dog. My "puppy" is a 20 mo. old Great Dane X Mastiff. Charlie tips the scales at about 140#... and yes, he's a lap puppy :)

Good looking pup! I assume it will be fixed before being sent the papers? Non conformational boxers are becoming more and more popular due to breeding tactics being somewhat relaxed now, but still isn't accepted in the standard fo show. But doesn't mean a darn thing for how loyal, protective, playful and amount of enjoyment the breed brings to a family!

I manage a pet store (independant) and if you have any questions about foods and such let me know! Congrats!

-Xander

Great looking pup!

Thanks!
Cute! But that's not a big dog. My "puppy" is a 20 mo. old Great Dane X Mastiff. Charlie tips the scales at about 140#... and yes, he's a lap puppy :)

Aren't they all lap puppies? Lol. My Boxer still want's to sit in my lap and she's a year old.

Did you happen to notice he seems to have two heads ?

Yeah, we overlooked that. Thanks! wonder if that'll be a problem?

make sure you have plenty of room in your car when full grown...just sayin...:laugh:

View attachment 350986

I know right? We have a Toyota Sienna van which is perfect for road trips. Butt...they fart to much!

Good looking pup! I assume it will be fixed before being sent the papers? Non conformational boxers are becoming more and more popular due to breeding tactics being somewhat relaxed now, but still isn't accepted in the standard fo show. But doesn't mean a darn thing for how loyal, protective, playful and amount of enjoyment the breed brings to a family!

I manage a pet store (independant) and if you have any questions about foods and such let me know! Congrats!

-Xander

Thanks! All my dogs are fixed. Just took our year old boxer to Wag hotel a day care place for dogs. She is wiped out! Cool place for dogs to meet other dogs and the fact they have live internet feed is even better.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just took our year old boxer to Wag hotel a day care place for dogs. She is wiped out! Cool place for dogs to meet other dogs and the fact they have live internet feed is even better.

Your dog surfs the web?
Is he a member here?

Good looking pup! And yep, he's a big boy! My niece has a sweet 2 y.o. boxer (named Mauli), and I love when she comes to visit. It took a little while before I realized getting punched in the chest meant "I like you - let's play!"

Good looking pup! And yep, he's a big boy! My niece has a sweet 2 y.o. boxer (named Mauli), and I love when she comes to visit. It took a little while before I realized getting punched in the chest meant "I like you - let's play!"

Thanks! We just got news via text that the puppy is 13.8 lbs @ seven weeks. What a chunky puppy
Yup that's a boxer for you. Although we ave trained her not to jump on people except when playing and I get her riled up. Just got through building a puppy box the same as the one he's in right now. Hopefully this will ease the transition for him and besides I've never liked crate training or those flimsy cages. This will eventually be converted to a dog house. Dual purpose! It's 4'x3'10 with 4x8 ply board cut up into halves. Couple screws, braces and viola a two hundred lbs box! This thing was heavy! Cost: $110. The inside floor boards are laminate for easier pick up and tomorrow I'll caulk the insides and seams to prevent any possible leaks then the blanket goes away. maybe I should have read some plans somewhere as I'm sure there's something better out there.

Attachments

• $IMG_20130721_214540_187.jpg
    $IMG_20130721_214540_187.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 179
  • $IMG_20130721_214525_257.jpg
    $IMG_20130721_214525_257.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Yeaay! We brought Duke home and it's so far it' been a disaster. :001_tongu Just kidding. He already knows the concept of "come" when outside. I call him to come he goes the opposite way which sounds like a kid to me! That tells me he KNOWS! HA! Busted. He's learning how to sit and be crate polite. No yelping allowed. having had several dogs in my life and "extensive" training of them(I'mnot a pro just spend a lot of time with them) I see he is smart. A few "NO's" and he backs off of whatever he's doing so it's the little things that are encouraging. But I can't believe how little he'll have to grow to catch up to our 60 lb female boxer. He's 13 lbs @ eight weeks! Little porky. His legs are very solid like thick oak. He has one green eye & one light sky blue. Well that's it. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• $Duke.jpg
    $Duke.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 158
  • $Duke2.jpg
    $Duke2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 158
  • $Duke3.jpg
    $Duke3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 158

I too have a "Mastidane" or "Daniff", but Mastidane sounds way tougher....he's about 11 months old now and I'm guessing he's somewhere between 130-140#. We'll find out soon as it's time for him to say goodbye to certain parts of his anatomy...even though I don't want to have to do it, he's just displaying too many dominant behaviors.

Those boxers are good looking pups, such high energy dogs. My cousin has one and I get tired just watching her!

I too have a "Mastidane" or "Daniff", but Mastidane sounds way tougher....he's about 11 months old now and I'm guessing he's somewhere between 130-140#. We'll find out soon as it's time for him to say goodbye to certain parts of his anatomy...even though I don't want to have to do it, he's just displaying too many dominant behaviors.

Those boxers are good looking pups, such high energy dogs. My cousin has one and I get tired just watching her!

Nooooo! That hurts just thinking about it:laugh: but I understand perfectly. Yeah boxers are high energy and that's why based on my sound dog math formula two positives should tire each other out.:thumbup: Should.....

2Q==
2Q==
attachment.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom