What's new

American made SE razor listing?

I was wondering if there was a listing somewhere that I could reference as to all the SE razors that were made by US manufacturers. It doesn't have to list every individual razor made, but just the actual manufacturers who produced SE razors.
(Also it would be great if there was a listing that had them by country, but right now I am only interested in US made SE razors.)

The only American manufacturers I can think of on the top of my head are:
Kampfe
ASR - GEM, Ever-Ready, & Star
Larkin
Christy
Valet (Auto-strop)
Keen Kutter

Also, I would note that I did not put any of the injectors on the list, like Schick. To me, they are just too close to the cartridge razors. (I mean no disrespect to those who use, enjoy, and cherish their injectors. It is just not something for me.)

Last edited:
Yankee Manufacturing Co. was a forerunner to ASR. They were only in existence as a separate company for about 3 years, although the Yankee brand razors were made for many years after that.

Here are few from Waits starting with W's: There atleast 100's more

Young Safety razor co
. Philadelphia PA 1912 ...2 types of SE's made Patent# 973734,25 Oct 1910/Elmer Young

Weck of NY, [ Ed Weck and Sons] 1920 makers of New Weck SE razor

Wilbert razor of NJ, made SE's for Sears. 1904. Pat# 749751

Winchester/Richard & Schueber manufacturing of NY 1903/ made many brands of SE's

Wiss [ Wiss and sons of NJ/1848 pat appld for] 1921 makers of SE's

Witch by Crescent Manufacturing co. Ohio.

Last edited:
Thank you Alex!
Were all of them actually produced, or just patents? (Sorry, I am not familiar with Waits. I'm assuming it's a listing of razors?)

Top Bottom