What's new

Tough Mudders?

Cali. But like you I have to get under 200.

Good idea, i have endurance issues when i run over 210, it just takes longer for power strides and speed. The strength is there but just not enough for the long haul, being lighter is definelty a positive factor............ i am at 209 this weekend.

Survived another, thanks to the miracle of Ibuprofen and the enthusiastic vibe of all the participants! Didn't seem to be as many folks at this venue in Clewiston (Devil's Garden Offroad Park), but it was the easiest of the four events we've done to get in and out. Great day weather wise - low 80s, partly cloudy, and an east breeze. Chin ups got me through Funky Monkey this time around. They have become part of my daily routine! Curious to know who got airlifted out of the park. Here is our crew looking tough post-Mudder!
Add: A woman fell off the spider web obstacle, about 12 ft up, and needed to be airlifted out. Not sure of her injuries. I saw one guy land on his forearms after dropping from just a little too far up. There was a quiet buzz in the stand of trees where this obstacle was set up. People were really concerned about others safely making it over. Lots of shaking as people tried to figure out how to get from one side to the other.

Last edited:
Survived another, thanks to the miracle of Ibuprofen and the enthusiastic vibe of all the participants! Didn't seem to be as many folks at this venue in Clewiston (Devil's Garden Offroad Park), but it was the easiest of the four events we've done to get in and out. Great day weather wise - low 80s, partly cloudy, and an east breeze. Chin ups got me through Funky Monkey this time around. They have become part of my daily routine! Curious to know who got airlifted out of the park. Here is our crew looking tough post-Mudder!
Add: A woman fell off the spider web obstacle, about 12 ft up, and needed to be airlifted out. Not sure of her injuries. I saw one guy land on his forearms after dropping from just a little too far up. There was a quiet buzz in the stand of trees where this obstacle was set up. People were really concerned about others safely making it over. Lots of shaking as people tried to figure out how to get from one side to the other.
I am pumped , now i want to run in a Mudder tomorrow. I do hope all injured are taking care of and recover well.

My wife and some of her family will be doing the one this sunday in The Poconos. I for some reason had to pay $25 ftp stand there and watch… :huh:

Look for a guy who's done 22 Mudders named Dan. He started in our group and led the Mudder Oath. Loads of stoke! We saw him in the parking lot afterward and he said he was doing Pocono Saturday. Look for his orange hat and black and orange face paint. I imagine he'll be drinking a beer before, during, and after the event again!

I'll be paying $89 + $10 ins + $8 fee tonight for Central FL in November. Take the post race survey and sign up quickly for the next one! Yes, I know that's what they want me to do, but it's a BLAST!

I'll be paying $89 + $10 ins + $8 fee tonight for Central FL in November. Take the post race survey and sign up quickly for the next one! Yes, I know that's what they want me to do, but it's a BLAST!
I know it is fun, but only a few can endure such a physical torture..... i love it.

Sounds like fun, is he older or younger?
He is 21, a swim coach, and a climber. He said it was pretty easy.

I'd like to do one but need to get into much better shape. After years of lifting I decided to give it a rest; I have quit lifting and have started doing boot camp classes 3 days a week. I need to really slim down now that I am playing volleyball again, my speed and quickness have definitely declined and I need to be moving faster, jumping higher, etc. At boot camp, I am having my a** handed to me every time. Which is what I need.

I'll probably start lifting again once I am down to 220.

Last edited:
TM #5 completed today! The muddiest yet. Central Florida in Kissimmee. What a blast. The most satisfying obstacle? Everest with the extra 3 feet on the end. My son and I both did it, but there is no way you accomplish it without a couple of strong assists from the top of the obstacle. Going to be plenty sore after this one.

TM #5 completed today! The muddiest yet. Central Florida in Kissimmee. What a blast. The most satisfying obstacle? Everest with the extra 3 feet on the end. My son and I both did it, but there is no way you accomplish it without a couple of strong assists from the top of the obstacle. Going to be plenty sore after this one.

Congrats! Many of my friends have run them and Spartans...haven't tried one yet.

Top Bottom