What's new

Tough Mudders?

The wife and I are running a TM in a few weeks. I signed her up before she got to watch the videos, hehe... But shes excited to go. We're far from athletes but we both run 7-8 mi/week and I do a lot of strength training. I'm sure we'll survive and expect to have a lot of fun doing it.

You'll complete it easily! I signed up for the Central Florida Mudder with a bunch of family tonight, including my wife! It'll be her first. She is vertically challenged at 5'2", but we'll get her through it!!

You'll complete it easily! I signed up for the Central Florida Mudder with a bunch of family tonight, including my wife! It'll be her first. She is vertically challenged at 5'2", but we'll get her through it!!

That sounds so exciting, it has me pumped up. I can wait to do one soon. Hoooraahh!!

Last edited by a moderator:
18 obstacles and 11.8 miles. There were thunderstorms for a few hours in the morning so the whole course was essentially a mud run. We had a great time.

proxy.php

Nice! Anything particularly challenging for her?

She's just over 5 feet tall so the walls were a challenge. Lots of team work from everyone to get over those. We also climbed over a lot of big round hay bales. Eventually I dragged her up and over. She's tougher than I knew.

My uncle heard me talking about this and is excited to do it with me next year. He's over 400 lbs right now, but he's been working out and losing weight for a while now. I told him if he can get in shape to at least walk it next year, I'd pay his admission, gas out here, and everything he eats and does while he visits.

My uncle heard me talking about this and is excited to do it with me next year. He's over 400 lbs right now, but he's been working out and losing weight for a while now. I told him if he can get in shape to at least walk it next year, I'd pay his admission, gas out here, and everything he eats and does while he visits.

This would be a lifetime feat, and most likely life saving. We will be rooting for all.

She's just over 5 feet tall so the walls were a challenge. Lots of team work from everyone to get over those. We also climbed over a lot of big round hay bales. Eventually I dragged her up and over. She's tougher than I knew.
Thanks! I think my wife will have a similar experience. We'll have some folks on the other side for soft landings! Haven't seen hay bales in my first two Mudders. Hoping for some in early November!

I assume most folks don't carry a camera through the course so the TM folks have photographers all over the the course taking pictures. They then post those on a photography site. There is some photo recognition software that looks for your bib number but otherwise it's just tens of thousands of photos of the event. I just got an email they uploaded more.

Stoked for Saturday's Mudder!!! We have a group of seven this time. We pulled the first start time - 8am. Practiced getting the wife over the fence in the backyard yesterday!

It was very tough (pun not intended), definitely tested the heck out of my cardio and mental fortitude.

I convinced a buddy of mine to go with me, but also ended up making some new friends while i was there.

I really wish i would have spent more time doing cardio, i was super tired when i crossed the finish line. Overall it was a great experience, but it was difficult at times. Worth the almost 2 hour drive to get there.

I'm very sore today.

Here's a pic from the start line:

proxy.php

While the experience was nice, it took a lot out of me. I'm not sure if i'll do one again. If i do, i'm gonna give myself a lot more time to train though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom