What's new

Pocket Knives

This is one he made for me. The one I semi-custom ordered (told him what I liked from previous work and he came up with this). $300. This one is in my pocket more than any other.

This is the last I have bought. $425 due to it's size (too big for pockets at work). Amber dyed stag scales.

I will say though, that a big part of the decision to purchase was my three sons. I wanted a few knives that I could eventually pass down to them. Not their first knife that I know will get damaged and lost, but something nicer than a Buck or a Kershaw that is more individual and has a little more character.

:)
Those certainly have character
I love Mosaic pins. OOsic is somethin else, ain't it?

I see that some designs he does filework on the liners and others he doesn't. I like the symmetrical look f the filework on the Stag...
I like filework
I don't edc a custom folder....BUT... I do carry a custom fixed blade. not overly too big. Wonderful for all that I ask it to do. I find that custom makers will repair their knife at little to no charge depending on the story behind the use. I know that the makers LOVE to hear how their knives performed.
My folder I carry is a Spyderco Jess Horn ZDP189 And a Benchmade Rukus set up for left pocket carry.
Just like any artist..
This is a Graham Knives Ringed Razel SS3. S30v, mosaic pins, giraffe bone scales.
proxy.php

Tom

Love that blade design Tob9595. I saw a similar style in a folder on ebay, really liked the look of it but the wuality was probably wanting. In my opinion, razor style blades in pocket knives are great, as long as they just look it, i.e. are not actual razor blades that woouldn't stand up to normal use on wood, etc...

I like every single one of those folders. I see some amazing craftsmanship going on there. I'd be proud to have any one of them in my collection.

My wife had Jim Martin make this folder for my birthday a few years back and it is my favorite. It was a tad over $400... :biggrin:

Before some of you go ta grouse about knife prices, don't forget it is some of the same of you who go spend hundreds on a darn rock to sharpen your razors... :001_rolle

Additionally, many knives appreciate in value. Try selling the diamonds you bought for your wife/girlfriend. What would you get? 35% of your investment? I didn't get my wife a bigger diamond for our wedding anniversay a while back. Instead, I bought her an 85TSS trap combo 12 guage. Is that a woman or what?

Those are all beautiful knives.

I'm not a collector. I am pretty hard on my pocketknives. I just recently bought a Benchmade Mini-Griptilian with a plain edge. It serves my needs very well. Being left-handed, the ambidexterous locking mechanism is a big plus.

For sheer MacGyver factor and the fact that opening a wine bottle with my pocket knife when no one else had a corkscrew was possibly the most masculine thing I've ever done...I'd have to go with my classic Victorinox

Here's one I finished this weekend. Black ash burl, wrought/iron and nickel bolsters, random pattern blade. The farmer that bought it, loves it. It's a bit on the large size for a pocket, but it's what he ordered.

proxy.php

My EDC SAK alongside for scale.

proxy.php

I like every single one of those folders. I see some amazing craftsmanship going on there. I'd be proud to have any one of them in my collection.

My wife had Jim Martin make this folder for my birthday a few years back and it is my favorite. It was a tad over $400... :biggrin:

Before some of you go ta grouse about knife prices, don't forget it is some of the same of you who go spend hundreds on a darn rock to sharpen your razors... :001_rolle

Additionally, many knives appreciate in value. Try selling the diamonds you bought for your wife/girlfriend. What would you get? 35% of your investment? I didn't get my wife a bigger diamond for our wedding anniversay a while back. Instead, I bought her an 85TSS trap combo 12 guage. Is that a woman or what?

Very nice Bill. That does look like a piece to be proud of.

I can't spend a lot of money on knives....so I've decided to give making my own a shot. I also really like that squared off design. I think I'm going to give that a go.

If I ever get around to starting I'll post a pic or two.

I've collected a few pocket knives over the years. These may be my best
proxy.php

Top is a Scott Cook Lacosha cut from a single piece of titanium.
Next is a large Sebenza.
Third is a Pat Crawford custom.
Forth is a small Sebenza-the perfect small pocket knife.
Last is a Umfan-kind of a mini Sebenza.

For $450 I can buy enough Buck knives to last me the rest of life. Plus as stated before, I dont have to worry about losing, breaking, scuffing, dulling, etc.....

Dont get me wrong, it is a very beautiful piece. Just not for this middle class, non-collector shlub.

Give me a good old fashioned (still in production) made in the USA Buck.

and as always, YMMV

+1 on the buck knives. my grandpa gave me one when i was about 12, shame i seem to have misplaced it.

Top Bottom