What's new

Proraso Cream vs Soap

I am considering getting either the proraso shaving cream, or the shaving soap, as I think I gave up on the cream a little too early.

However, from what I have read on this site, I am confused regarding whether I should get the soap or the cream. Some have said that the soap is essentially a hard version of the cream. Is this true? Does the soap have any of the traditional soap attributes? Is there any point in going for one instead of the other?

Proraso is my favorite soap. I like and use others, but if I could have only one it would be Proraso; THE SOAP that is. No doubt about it for me, I have a tube of Proraso that is setting there and may have been used four times just to "give it another chance" while the empty Prorsao tubs are piling up. If I am not clear; My Vote Goes To Proraso In The Tub..:)
Ken.

While I could well have done without the bold letters, I think I can conclude from your statement that you enjoy the soap? What specifically is it about the soap that you like? I just don't know which to get, and I can only get one of them.

While I could well have done without the bold letters, I think I can conclude from your statement that you enjoy the soap? What specifically is it about the soap that you like? I just don't know which to get, and I can only get one of them.

What's wrong with the bold letters, and why was it necessary to criticize them?:confused:

I like bold letters.:w00t:

I'm just sayin':thumbup1:

Wasn't criticising, just seemed mildly amusing to pretend I did not see your utter devotion to the soap. Anyway, why the soap?

Proraso is one of my favourite products and for what it's worth, I have both the soap and the cream, ...ohh and the Proraso/Omega boar brush!!

Between the two I prefer the cream as I find it the quickest way to get really rich cream with minimal effort. For me it's that good. Plus I think the creams scent is ever so slightly stronger, however, that might just be my nose! The soap is good and delivers a quality shave too, but I'm going for the cream.

Give them both a go...:thumbup1:

The Bold Letters Were For Fun And Emphasis.
I am an unrepentant Face Latherer:smile:. That is important to this discussion because: in my opinion, (disputed by others) soaps do not do well in bowel lathering. I find Proraso soap to be refreshing, soothing, smooth, and easy to use, plus I like the smell. Put the brush to the soap, swirl a few times, run the brush around the edge of the soap a few times and start lathering on the face. This method is quick, easy, and needs no special accessories. I usually do a second application, and have enough on the brush (Kingsley Pure Badger) for two lathers, and a thin third lather should I need it. I find the Proraso cream in the tube to be thin, tending to be watery, and has less lubricity.
I rest my case.:wink:
Ken.

I am an unrepentant Face Latherer:smile:. That is important to this discussion because: in my opinion, (disputed by others) soaps do not do well in bowel lathering.

That's one kind of lathering I can safely say I will never ever try. :eek:

The Bold Letters Were For Fun And Emphasis.
I am an unrepentant Face Latherer:smile:. That is important to this discussion because: in my opinion, (disputed by others) soaps do not do well in bowel lathering. I find Proraso soap to be refreshing, soothing, smooth, and easy to use, plus I like the smell. Put the brush to the soap, swirl a few times, run the brush around the edge of the soap a few times and start lathering on the face. This method is quick, easy, and needs no special accessories. I usually do a second application, and have enough on the brush (Kingsley Pure Badger) for two lathers, and a thin third lather should I need it. I find the Proraso cream in the tube to be thin, tending to be watery, and has less lubricity.
I rest my case.:wink:
Ken.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:
That's one technique I think I'll skip

funny how some things just stick in your mind on the back burner, then something happens to make you think about it and you just start laughing for no apparant reason...
as I prepped to shave tonight, I stood at the sink holding my loaded brush, about to apply it to my face when I remembered this post and started laughing so hard I had to wait 10 minutes to shave.

Top Bottom