What's new

Any Nibsters read/write Japanese?

Greetings,

So, I am finally done with college, and find myself with MUCH more time on my hands without studying being all consuming. As I sit here at work on overnight, I decided it was high time I tried Japanese again, after my overly generous professors gave me A's and B's on the subject. As with Spanish, I once again finished clasess with a letter that did not come close to representing my skill level and left me wondering how exactly I passed. ^_^ Anyway, so I am practicing my writing and reading and noticed an issue: with typed work I have a hard time recognizing chisai characters, and am wondering about how they might actually be written if someone was writing a letter.

Which brings me to: anyone on here who might be able to show me a sample of real, non-formal, writing so that I can compare what I am trying to do? When looking at various resources online, it tends to "planned" and thus more of a perfect overtone, and if it isn't I can't ask those people what they wrote so I can figure it out when I can't make out a character. I am really hoping that some of our multilingual writing masters who could give me some pointers. I figure on here most should be writing with fountain pens and probably on various grades of paper, so I might get some hints on where I need to go if I need to change supplies.

If anyone writes on dotted/graph paper, maybe if I could see some hiragana on there for me to aim as a goal? Something like that. ^_^

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
We do have B&B members from Japan. You could try doing a search for Japan or Japanese in the HOF to see if you can find a member to contact.

*Brian, you got me! :lol: I didn't realize that this was a 3 year old thread until after I posted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom