What's new

Burt's Bees Bay Rum ASB

I have this.. came with the gift set. Is it new? I think it is, the one in the reviews section does not contain alcohol and comes in a tube. This one comes in a bottle and contains alcohol..

full

Anyway, it's STRONG. I put a few drops on my face, then followed up with a little T&H Trafalgar EDT.. all I can smell is bay rum. It's a nice bay rum scent (I like it better than the Pinaud), but I'll have to use it a few more times before I can comment on its effectivness.

-Mason

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been around for a number of years, along with Burt's Bees other Bay Rum products - shaving soap, exfoliating bar soap, cologne, and moisturizing cream. I have the cologne and like the scent, however it is potent as well and must be used sparingly. The bar soap is good, but I haven't bought the shaving soap yet. I have tried the moisturizing cream as well for post-shave (this comes in a tube; wonder if this is the tube you saw pictured) but I didn't like it at all. The scent of the cream was very medicinal.

I haven't tried the aftershave, and look forward to your comments on it's effectiveness.

I have this also, and enjoy it. I think it's older.

I use it to follow up my QED Bay Rum shave stick, and or Em's Bay Rum Creme. I also have the QED Lime that I "twist" with Em's Bay Rum.

There's been some posting about Burt working on a new Bay Rum line. The Bay Rum Shave Soap that came in my pack is pretty bad, alone, but can add some scent to a Super Lather.

Peace,
Jim

This is the old aftershave...I believe they discontinued it last year or so, but they bring it back again around christmas time. This is not the same as the black tube "natural" care line...I like the scent of this ASB quite a bit...but I overloaded on it when I (foolishly) tried to melt a puck of the shaving soap in the microwave...the scent got everywhere in the house...then onto the dishes when I tried to "wash away" my mistake...

Now I just can't smell the stuff without thinking of the "great melting mishap of 2007."

This asb is one of my favorites. It was discontinued for many years but shops had it on the shelves for a while afterwards. NOS was also popping up on EBAY. A few months ago it showed up on the web site again along with the Bay Rum cologne, which had similarly been discontinued.

So its available on the web site but I haven't seen it popping up yet in brick & mortar stores.

This is good stuff. Great scent. It does burn a bit which is atypical for an ASB. It does a decent job fighting razor burn but I wouldn't say it is a soothing asb. The scent last longer than a lot of bay rum aftershaves but for me still not much more than an hour.

This asb is one of my favorites. It was discontinued for many years but shops had it on the shelves for a while afterwards. NOS was also popping up on EBAY. A few months ago it showed up on the web site again along with the Bay Rum cologne, which had similarly been discontinued.

So its available on the web site but I haven't seen it popping up yet in brick & mortar stores.

This is good stuff. Great scent. It does burn a bit which is atypical for an ASB. It does a decent job fighting razor burn but I wouldn't say it is a soothing asb. The scent last longer than a lot of bay rum aftershaves but for me still not much more than an hour.

I just saw on this site that it is, in fact, discontinued.

http://www.thegentsshop.com/store/BURTS.html

-Mason

This is one of my favorite aftershaves. Not too oily and a great bay rum scent. It has menthol too, so you can't really go wrong. I hope it comes back soon. I only have 1/4 of my bottle left!

It goes great with the Burts Bees Bay Rum cologne. It has essentially the exact same scent.

I contacted Burt's Bees to determine if they had actually discontinued this product. Good news, it sounds like they haven't.

We apologize that you were misinformed but the only products that have been discontinued are listed below. At this time, we do not have plans to discontinue additional items from our line.

Please note that the following products have been discontinued:
* Baby Bee Shampoo Bar
* Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap
* Lip Glosses in glass jar
* Mini Lotion Kit
* Parsley Blemish Stick
* Wild Lettuce Toner
* Toothpaste - Cinna Mint
* Toothpaste - Lavender Mint
* Toothpaste - Children's
* Peppermint Breath Drops
* Herbal Defense Ointment
* Herbal Treatment Shampoo
* Grapefruit Complexion Mist
* Cucumber Complexion Mist
* Lavender Complexion Mist
* Color Cosmetics product line (also known as Wings of Love), including:
o Lipsticks
o Vanishing Facial Powder
o Tinted Facial Moisturizer
o Blushing Crème
o Eye Shadow
o Eyebrow and Eye liner Pencil
o Lip liner Pencil
o Concealing Crème
o Coffee Lip Shimmer

We hope you will continue to enjoy our full line of Burt's Bees natural personal care products. Please respond with any additional questions at any time and be sure to visit our website at www.burtsbees.com and click on 'The Hive' option to sign up for our email newsletter.

It's on their website right here

The term "balm" for this product is pretty much a misnomer though, second ingredient is alcohol so it's really more of a cologne/splash type of a/s.
Lots of EO's in it

The term "balm" for this product is pretty much a misnomer though, second ingredient is alcohol so it's really more of a cologne/splash type of a/s.
Lots of EO's in it
Nice to hear. I'm stocking up in case it goes away again! Thanks!

I was finally satisfied with all my soaps, creams, AS, EDT's, EDC's,...

This is pure torture. Why do you guys need to mention this! :biggrin:

Now that I was finally able to start saving some money again :lol:

Burt's is a nice ASB product. I still have some about 6 years old, and it's a nice product.

The shaving soap is not worth the cardboard it's wrapped in. It's completely worthless. Don't buy it.

But generally, I like Burt's products, even if he did sell out to the big boys.

Lots of EO's in it

Good to know! I was worried that it was discontinued.

Not really a cologne or splash though. It has a pretty thick consistency like a balm.

Top Bottom