What's new

Acquisitions For July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked to find and compelled to buy brand new Vie-Long horsehair shaving brush for £4.30 from an independent chemist in Brixham:

$IMG00964-20130701-2037.jpg

It goes all tufty like our terrier :biggrin1:
What a score!

My Dirty Bird 1.5 scuttle from Julie came in today. Took a few quick pics and did a test lather. Looking forward to shaving with it tonight!

$IMG_1387.jpg

$IMG_1385.jpg

That Fatboy looks MINT!

It was actually a risky purchase from the bay.

It wasn't listed with terribly good pictures but I had a feeling it was in great condition.

I was able to snag it for $45 shipped. Cleaned up quite nicely and looks pretty good with a decent camera. Haha.

I just got an order from West Coast Shaving. The highlights are; 5 sticks of Speick, a pack of 100 Crystal blades, a wooden bowl which will be detailed for VdH Deluxe, and a Semogue Owners Club brush.

a WOSTENHOLM & SONS pipe a slim and cased tech and a blade bank. the case does not hold a bank only a tuck of blades.

Attachments

• $Picture 707.jpg
    $Picture 707.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 248
My girlfriend loves me.. She went to Italy!

$proraso 400.jpg

Also got me a new Omega boar brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
My latest shave related goodies from Barbiere di Figaro
proxy.php

I ordered an Omega 11047 some time ago, but it's too prickly and not dense enough for me. Enter the Simpson Case :biggrin:

Next:
proxy.php

The TFS Limited Edition hard soaps. They smell great, now which one to use for tomorrows shave?

Tuesday Morning here had a few LDN shave items on final clearance.
Originally half off 'retail', then another 40% off that.
Got 150mg tubes of "Cool Aqua" cream and the A/S balm, for $6 each.
Nice cream, very moisturizing and good lather. Light 'oceanic' scent, not too soapy.
Perhaps akin to Speick.
Nougat now sells NGT brand, in similar package but grapefruit scent.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked this up from the Post Office.
$Blade Bank.jpg
I'm on a single edge kick. This will be a fun one to use and it just needs a little scrub with soap and water.

Parcel from West Coast Shaving arrived today :drool:

The left of the picture is a Simpson Special Pure Badger brush, are all Simpsons this small? Or is it because my daily brush is an Omega Pro 2012 boar.

Stopped by Man Essentials on the Danforth today in Toronto and picked up a tub of Cella croap and Whiskey aftershave from Portland General Store, this will be on deck for the weekend starting tomorrow.

A very good week so far! I scored a couple of awesome fountain pens, a like-new, cased Gillette Super Speed TV Special (with sealed original blade dispenser) and an unused, boxed Old Spice mug, complete with the original soap puck! The soap smells great and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Finally scored a monotech. I have been looking for one for a while :biggrin1:

View attachment 348689

Wow, that's cool and it looks great, definitely don't see those too often, I wonder how many were made...Very nice find, enjoy! I was looking on Achim's site and saw that there are two different styles of the Mono Tech, yours is from the 70's and there was another style from the 50's, are you going to hunt that one done as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom