What's new

Acquisitions For July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
6/8 Puma Inox Eisgehartet Frozen Pumamaster-Steel

$puma.jpg

Ok technically a June score but calling July as it arrived the day I left for vacation and I didn't get to open it till yesterday when we got home. I scored this 32 Canadian Fat Handle from Krona Kriuser! Man I love this thing! Beautifully redone, and I must say I now truly understand a mild razor. This is the mildest razor I have ever used. Used it today and it took 4 passes but one of the best shaves I have had in my 2 months of DE shaving. Thank you Krona Kruiser!

$32 Canadian.jpg

Finally able to pick up my father's day presents and a couple razors from the bay. Cant wait to try the aristocrat! $20130708_060714.jpg

proxy.php

Floid Vigoroso vintage special edition
Floid black
La Toja shave stick
La Toja shave cream
Lea shave stick
Lea mentholated shave cream
Polsilver Super Iridium 25x
Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit
L'oréal Hydra Energetic face wash

One of my pre shave sabbatical purchases arrived in the post today! :w00t:

Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf

Already have a Gem blade loaded up and waiting for the morning's shave!

Recently aquired a bakelite / chrome Wardonia razor in the original box with 2 blade banks. It is stunning. The pics do not do it justice.

$IMG_20130709_103843_237[1].jpg$IMG_20130709_103713_681[1].jpg

My $20 eBay score.

Attachments

• $IMG_20130710_090603_746.jpg
    $IMG_20130710_090603_746.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 368
  • $IMG_20130710_085335_438.jpg
    $IMG_20130710_085335_438.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 369
  • $IMG_20130710_090138_664.jpg
    $IMG_20130710_090138_664.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 366
$WP_20130710_003.jpg
TOBS Eton College SC and AS Splash. I also got a Mr. Taylor's body soap. Finally convinced a local salon to start carrying Taylor's, and I am taking full advantage :thumbup:

So, I've been looking for a new razor/brush/stand combo and I fell in love with the Muhle Stylo line but the retail & online prices were outrageous ($350-$400)! Yikes!

Well, I kept searching and ran across www.shaving.ie in Ireland and their prices were much more reasonable ($220ish). Still, I could not justify this price but I really wanted it so I kept searching and finally came across a barber shop in Germany that sells select merchandise. It's ironic that I was in Germany a few weeks ago and stayed just 10 minutes from this barber shop and now I'm dealing with him internationally.

So after a few emails, I finally have my Muhle Stylo set in African Blackwood. The set comes with a choice of silvertip badger, fine badger, or silvertip fibre (synthetic) but all with a 21mm knot and 65mm loft. Since this loft is way higher than I wanted, I opted for the least expensive option (synthetic) with the plan of replacing the knot with a low loft silvertip. As an added bonus, the brush actually comes apart very easily to allow you to change the knot without having to send it out.

So, I paid only 132 EUR ($175) since I didn't have to pay VAT. Now, I need to find someone to sell me a 21mm silvertip with a low loft (<55mm).

$Muhle Stylo African Blackwood.jpg

Very nice. Muhle products intrest me. They seem to be very well built.
I have an R41 and am rather impressed with the build quality.

Very nice. Muhle products intrest me. They seem to be very well built.
I have an R41 and am rather impressed with the build quality.

The build quality is phenomenal. The handle is solid on both the razor and the brush. The chrome is mirror like and the wood pieces are perfectly smoothed, stained, and coated. It feels like a sculpture rather than a shaving tool.

Another of my pre sabbatical purchases showed up today.

Semogue 2000, shown after a test lather.

Talk about soft, even some of the tips had already started to split after the first lather :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom