What's new

Porsche Pen

You know I kinda like it. That price although very high, is not the highest I have seen on a pen. I seen some that were $5K+ at these prices I could buy a car, pay my rent for a couple months and still have a few bucks to buy a Safari or something similar.

Cool looking pen in kind of an industrial/techno style but I wonder how good it feels in your hand should you, perish the thought, actually try writing with it? It's basically just a straight metal rod with a nib stuck on the end.

Interesting pen- who makes this one? is it a Porsche in-house product or are they contracting another maker for pens?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Interesting pen- who makes this one? is it a Porsche in-house product or are they contracting another maker for pens?

Porsche Design, so only the name on those products as co-owners. Solid titanium with a gold nib.

My buddy has one, he bought it a few years ago for $750. He works for the local university here, and says a pen is like a status symbol with the other professors. Its not for me but to each his own.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'd not pay a premium for Porsche design anything. I have a Porsche design portable hard drive . . . same price as any other drive with the same capacity at the time. There are Porsche design kitchen knives. There are probably many other products as well. Maybe a harsh judgement but I'd say they are overextending the brand to the point where it means little. On the other hand if you like the look and the price go for it.

I'd not pay a premium for Porsche design anything. I have a Porsche design portable hard drive . . . same price as any other drive with the same capacity at the time. There are Porsche design kitchen knives. There are probably many other products as well. Maybe a harsh judgement but I'd say they are overextending the brand to the point where it means little. On the other hand if you like the look and the price go for it.

The LaCie HD?
I have one of those. It blew up. Mine has a Maxtor drive in it in case you are wondering.

I do like the kitchen knives but wouldn't pay the price for them.

As for the pen, it all comes down to how it feels in your hand.
My guess is it doesn't feel any better than any other pen.

Top Bottom