What's new

Bay Rum Shave Soaps

I've always liked the bay rum shave soaps. Conk's worked great for me. I never could get a lather w/ Burt's Bees though.

I have some Will G Bay Rum Shea butter soap and aftershave balm. It smells very nice to me, but I've never smelled another Bay Rum, so I don't really have a basis for comparison. If I could eat it, it would probably be some kind of spicy dessert. I've been saving it because it is definately more a Winter time scent. In this Texas heat it's Proraso, Musgo Real, Old Spice cream, and Lime soap all the way.

There is something that absolutely hits me right in the heart in regards to the loyalty that you all have to Will G. He made a good product and he took care of you... and I have been told he is battling cancer and I wish he knew how much you guys love his soaps and swear by them. It is almost a little bit a life breathed his way everytime I read something about their regard for him and his soaps.

Does anyone know how he is? We obviously need him back and healthy and I am saying my prayers for this.

Sue

Last I heard it was terminal and he wouldn't last long Sue. This was several months ago. I just happened to buy quite a lot from him days before this news. Joel's raving reviews convinced me to buy them heh, and I have definately been more than pleased with what I got.

That is so rough. Really, really rough. I think in his case it can be easily said that terminal does not mean forgotten. I hope to God he knows how much he is appreciated.

I like bay rum, but I only have Classic brand bay rum soap, and it doesn't lather well for me. Col. Conk soap in the amber and almond works great for me, but I don't care for their bay rum aftershave at $19.50 I find it pricey when Dominican can be found for about $13 for 10 onces to Conk's 4. I would like to try Mama Bear's bay rum soap, I have heard so much about her soap that I am very curious to try it out. I live only 15 minutes from Bear Heaven, so I should support the local business when posible. At least that is what I will tell my wife, when I order it!:001_smile :001_smile !

I sort of overlooked that I promised to report back here on the Honeybee Bay Rum. Basically, I found it fantastic. The smell is great. I love woody scents the most, but this is a great alternative when I'm feeling the need for something a little spicier. Very warm and spicy aroma.

The shave was amazing. I don't have anything that shaves nicer and easier. So very very slick, and whips up lather like mad. Love the stuff.

I really want to try some other Bay Rums though. Seems like it varies so much. I guess I have to get a Mama Bear, a QED, a SCS, an Olivia, and the Classic Conk to compare them all.

well I just got the QED Bay Rum over the weekend and I love it. Great lather, slick and very spicy. It will always be in my rotation. But from what I understand if you have sensitive skin then stay away from the qed bay rum. At least that's what I've read around the board and what charles told me.

moses said:
I sort of overlooked that I promised to report back here on the Honeybee Bay Rum. Basically, I found it fantastic. The smell is great. I love woody scents the most, but this is a great alternative when I'm feeling the need for something a little spicier. Very warm and spicy aroma.

The shave was amazing. I don't have anything that shaves nicer and easier. So very very slick, and whips up lather like mad. Love the stuff.

I really want to try some other Bay Rums though. Seems like it varies so much. I guess I have to get a Mama Bear, a QED, a SCS, an Olivia, and the Classic Conk to compare them all.
I agree...I used it for the first time this weekend and loved it. Great scent with a slick lather...what more could you ask for...

Top Bottom