What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

a vdh boar, a whipped dog pure badger with firehouse pottery handle, and a merkur silver tip with chrome "barber pole" handle I won in a PIF.

Ten at the moment: an unkown (bought in Italy) marked Real Badger, Rooney Finest 2/1, Kent B&B 2008 LE, Omega B&B Essential boar, Simpson Colonel, Simpson Wee Scot, New Forest Tubby 2, M&F blonde badger 1/2, Simpson Tulip 2 and Thater 4292 23. I do, however, think that another New Forest may be in the offing.

1 Omega boar (thanks dreaded rust for this pif!)
2 shavemac 2-band
1 da Vinci which I just got and am considering selling
1 sampler size brush from AOS which doesn't count towards to the total because I don't consider it a real brush.

1. Shavemac D01 3 band.
2. Shavemac D01 2 band.
3. Shavemac Silvertip.
4. Shavemac Finest.
5. Thater 2 band Silvertip.
6. Semogue 730 HD Silvertip.
7. Omega Silvertip.
8. Three Omega pure/black badger.

Ten total. I had three boar brushes but the piggies didn't work for me so I sold them.

Wow...I just counted my collection. I've got 19 brushes. Eighteen are restored brushes with badger knots (either TGN Finest or TGN Silvertip) and one Omega boar. That's not counting a couple of brushes that are in my "giveaway or sell" box and a few more handles that are awaiting restoration. Even though it sounds like a lot, I actually try to use them all on a regular basis. Half the fun for me is looking in my cabinet every morning and deciding which brush to use.

I have 6. 5 in my rotation, and a really great silver badger travel brush that breaks down into a stainless steel tube that you could drive a tank over.

I am more than happy with the ones that I have and I frankly am done with further purchases. And YES- that´s a fact gentlemen (and also a promise I made to my wife :sleep:)

1 Omega 10290 21mm 51mm
2 Simpsons Persian Jar Super (PJ2) 22mm 50mm
3 Simpsons Chubby 1 Best 24mm 46mm
4 Simpsons Chubby 2 Best 29mm 58mm
5 Simpsons Duke 3 Best 25mm 46mm
6 Simpsons Tulip, 2 two-band 22mm 49mm
7 Semogue 1305 22 mm 55 mm
8 Semogue 1460 21mm 50mm
9 Simpsons Colonel 23mm 46mm
10 Simpsons Wee Scot 14mm 35mm
11 Vie-Long 13061M 24mm 57mm
12 Omega 10018 23mm 50mm
13 Omega 10018 23mm 50mm
14 Zenith 27mm 65mm

I have a total of 8, as follows:

VdH boar (which I hardly ever use)
Omega boar
Semogue Owners Club (on order)
Shea Mositure (have 2)
VdH badger
Rooney
Simpson's inherited from my father and brand new (i.e., NOS)

One, a Vulfix badger brush.

Oop, I guess I forgot that I have a couple of brushes that i bought years ago, before I discovered safety razors. I bought them with a couple of pucks of Burma-Shave soap, oblivious to the beautiful world of DE shaving and fancy creams & soaps. I don't even know if they're boar or synthetic.

To be perfectly honest you really need one or two of course. I doubt that I would have bought more if it was not because of this section. SBAD has hit me bad over the years. I am immune now.

5 now. Pif'd an Omega and Rooney to convert a couple of friends to wet shaving.
Simpson Chubby 1 Super 3 band
Shavemac Silvertip 3 band
Restored EverReady with Whipped Dogg 24mm Silvertip
Simpson Wee Scott for travel
AOS Pure Badger which I'm trying to decide if I want to reknot. It was my first real brush, but now a days it's way too floppy.

Ten in all-
1. Heirloom Ever Ready that I never use-weird knot but it was Grandpa's so I'm not gonna change anything. Could pass for new actually
2. My first ever brush. All I know is that it's badger. Had it for pushing 40 years. Still gets an assignment every so often.
3. Three Omega Boars (Pro 49, 11126, B&B Essential)
4. Semogue Boar (1305..what else?)
5. Two Badgers-Simpson Colonel and Vulfix 2235
6. Two synthetics-Omega (excellent handle) and Muhle Turnback (best travel brush ever)

I really don't think I need any more

Top Bottom