What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Shave Soap - Problems

Anyone else have trouble getting a decent lather from this stuff? I've been trying for 2 weeks and the lathering has been mediocre at best, and often not that good. I've tried more water, less water, face lathering, bowl lathering... nothing seems to get this stuff past the soapy and into the creamy state. Any suggestions?

Anyone else have trouble getting a decent lather from this stuff? I've been trying for 2 weeks and the lathering has been mediocre at best, and often not that good. I've tried more water, less water, face lathering, bowl lathering... nothing seems to get this stuff past the soapy and into the creamy state. Any suggestions?

Try doubling the time you load the brush with soap. Often, lathering problems are the result of not using enough product. If you load it up so that the amount of soap on the brush is not the issue, you can play around with more or less water and dial in the soap to produce its best lather.

If the C&E soap doesn't work for you, just leave it in the dust and move on to something else.

I don't have any problem with C&E's performance, but the scents didn't agree with me. Especially the Sandalwood, it makes me itch.

Another thing is that it could be your water is too hard. Try getting a gallon of distilled water from the supermarket. If that works, you only need about half a cup per day, and you'll fix your lather for around $1 a month.

I have C&E Sandalwood soap. Not my favorite but still a decent soap IMO. I get a good lather using the following method:

1. Soak brush in warm water and put some warm or hot water on puck while showering
2. After shower, squeeze water out of brush knot so that bristles still remain damp and pour water off of puck
3. Swirl brush on puck until I hear that sticky sound and see that there's soap in the bristles.
4. Dip brush tips in water and swirl on puck some more until I see creamy consistency
5. Apply directly to face and dip in water as needed

This is the only way that I get a good lather from this soap. Good luck.

There have been reports of recent reformulation of these soaps. Could you tell us the first ingredient listed on your package?

I always face lather with soaps (no reason, I just do). No problems with C&E soaps as long as you load enough product and use enough water to build a good lather

Top Bottom