What's new

Eucalyptus

Anything out there which would be a quality complement to SmN or Proraso Green soaps? Not looking for a clone scent, but a scent which has a dominant eucalyptus note which would be reminiscent of the soaps.

AoS Sandalwood opens with eucalyptus - might transition well as the AS and opening notes fade together

Just read a review of Safari (Ralph Loren) and although I used it as a young man, I completely forgot about the eucalyptus blast at the opening. Certainly an inexpensive choice if you want to go spicy/woody... found it at ROSS for $16.00 - 26 june.

YSL Body Kouros sounds right up my alley. I will be flying this weekend and will check out the duty free to see if they have a tester. I already have the Proraso ASL and love the scent, but find it does not last very long. I came across Six Scents Series 1, no. 3: Cosmic Wonder - The Spirit of the Wood which sounded perfect, but can not find it anywhere. I presume it is long out of production and could not find it on Ebay.

I tried several duty free stores and a few spots in Mallorca but have been unsuccessful in finding Body Kouros. My wife has a layover in Frankfurt on her way home so I will have her attempt to pick it up there.

YSL Body Kouros sounds right up my alley. I will be flying this weekend and will check out the duty free to see if they have a tester. I already have the Proraso ASL and love the scent, but find it does not last very long. I came across Six Scents Series 1, no. 3: Cosmic Wonder - The Spirit of the Wood which sounded perfect, but can not find it anywhere. I presume it is long out of production and could not find it on Ebay.

I was going to tentatively mention Body Kouros when I read this thread, but I'm surprised you said it sounds right up your alley! I have BK and while I think its an awesome scent, I don't really get a huge eucalyptus note, other than the opening possibly? I know a lot of people talk about the eucalyptus in this, but to me its totally overpowered by the other notes. I was curious about this frag, because a lot of reviews say its sweet, others say its not, but after finally getting a bottle my conclusion is its most DEFINITELY very sweet.

However, I do like it a lot, and the gf loves it, if that means anything to you. It could complement your proraso splash very nicely if you like sweet frags. And if you can't find a tester, just grab a bottle on fragrancex! I think I got my big bottle (100 ml) for around 35 bucks, relatively cheap!

Why not try something that doesn't already have eucalyptus in it but pairs well WITH eucalyptus. My thought diverge in the direction of citrus or patchouli, but the options are endless. What doesn't work well with eucalyptus?

for a warm gourmand direction try Body Kouros, for a woody/incense direction try Armani Privee Bois D'Encense, for a creamy woody warm direction try Art of Shaving Sandalwood.
All have that Eucalyptus note in there thought really you could just as easily match the minty fresh side of Proraso with something like James Heeley Menthe Fraiche

They sell eucalyptus essential oil which is very inexpensive. I dilute it with witch hazel and use it in a spray atomizer in the summer.

Just read a review of Safari (Ralph Loren) and although I used it as a young man, I completely forgot about the eucalyptus blast at the opening. Certainly an inexpensive choice if you want to go spicy/woody... found it at ROSS for $16.00 - 26 june.

Would also recommend Safari, great euclayptus opening, great fragarnce overall.

What a price if you can get it at $16, I last paid about €45 (approx $60) for a bottle, whcih is fast becoming difficult find this side of the Atlantic.

Top Bottom