What's new

The Order of the Fat

Needed to perform some maintenance on my tuba today, and lubricated the tuning slides, using this. Lanny not only protects my face, but my tuba, too!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 96
Just wanted to say that I got my first BBS ever last night courtesy of r41 // Treet Carbon // MWF.

Long live the Order! Long live the Fat!

So my prediction of getting about 50 to 60 shaves is going to be a little short. Prior to use I grated my fresh puck of Fat into a bowl and packed it down nice and tight. Early on I was soaking it heavily prior to shaving. About the 25th shave in, the soap started to spin in the bowl even though it was grated and packed down! I then noticed how waterlogged and crumbly it was. I had to take the crumbling chunks and reform another ball and then pack into a bowl that had ridges to prevent the soap from spinning. In the course of all this, the soap has been flaking apart and I'm loosing precious Fat Flakes as I lather. So I believe I will have only 47 shaves with this puck. The Fat's performance has never diminished and it has lathered consistently. But I wish I had never soaked the Fat like I was in the beginning.

3017ing the Fat has been a great excursion and so far is my favorite. I have already ordered another Fat puck to mix it up and compare against other soaps I try.

Last edited:
I have about 30 shaves on my puck and it looks barely used. I don't soak it too much. Just a layer of water on top while I shower. But I do load a lot of soap in my brush to lather. I definitely believe in using a lot of soap, even if I do rinse a lot down the drain. I think I'll get close to 100 shaves from this puck.

I love MWF. I face lather with it most days and my face is very soft, smooth and has a nice glow to it. I didn't really notice until I started using it every day, then it was very noticeable.

Why did you grate it? Next puck try it ungrated first. I think it will last a lot longer that way.

Im sure you're right. I'm buying another puck with the ceramic bowl. I read one of the earlier posts of grating the soap to form to your bowl.

So how does one keep any hard puck from spinning while loading a brush?

Im sure you're right. I'm buying another puck with the ceramic bowl. I read one of the earlier posts of grating the soap to form to your bowl.

I usually leave the ring left by the previous puck in the dish and place the new puck right in. Of course that won't work if you are on your innaugural puck in your dish. After a few uses, the puck seems to settle in and movement doesn't seem to be a problem.

What I did, I put the puck in the ceramic dish, and then filled the thing with water, and let it sit for a day. The puck absorbed all the water and swelled to nearly the size of the bowl. Not only does it lather and load more easily, it also stuck pretty firmly to the bottom of the bowl.

What I did, I put the puck in the ceramic dish, and then filled the thing with water, and let it sit for a day. The puck absorbed all the water and swelled to nearly the size of the bowl. Not only does it lather and load more easily, it also stuck pretty firmly to the bottom of the bowl.

Noted. Will do this tomorrow morning.

I received my first puck I'm the mail today. I just might have to try a test lather tonight as I don't thinks I'll be able to wait for tomorrow's shave.

I received my first puck I'm the mail today. I just might have to try a test lather tonight as I don't thinks I'll be able to wait for tomorrow's shave.
Yeah, good idea. You should probably go ahead and lather up your face while you're at it too.

Congrats on the purchase. You won't be disappointed! I find it easiest to lather using Marco's Method.

Top Bottom