What's new

Shark blades

Last night I tried a Shark blade in the yellow wrapper and it felt dull right outta the packaging, pulled and tugged on hair the whole time. Anyone else experienced this?

*cough* not enough coffee this morning, could an admin move this to the blades section pretty please :)

Yes ! Some people in the forum say its a great blade, but i had the same experience as you! I have purchased a bulk 100 pack, so far i have opened and tried to use 4/5 packs all of them are dull. Maybe a bad batch? even from blade to blade is a big inconsistency...

Last night I tried a Shark blade in the yellow wrapper and it felt dull right outta the packaging, pulled and tugged on hair the whole time. Anyone else experienced this?
Yes. It happened to me too. I bought 100 Shark SC in white/blue wrapper, used two packs and really liked them. Ordered another 100 and they came in yellow wrapper (red writing). The yellow/red are not as sharp as the white wrapper ones.
They might work well in a shavette but I will not use them in a safety razor.

I have about 20 SC'S left out of my box of 100 that I bought a few years ago. After that I have 300 SS 'S that I will use next. One thing I noticed when I first started using them or came back to using them after using another blade for a while , it took about a week for me to get used to them. Shaves were a bit uncomfortable for a few days , then they got to be an awesome blade for me. I think technique has to be changed a bit sometimes from switching fro one blade to another..

They were my first 'go to' blade. So much so that I was buying them 300 at a time. I did though find that they were very razor specific. In my SC NEW brilliant, Super adjustable brilliant, OC Aristocrat rubbish, so as I've migrated over to the OC I finished them off and now go with Astra SP's. Much less razor specific.

even from blade to blade is a big inconsistency...

Same experience: some are wonderful, some are just rubbish. Bad quality control?
In general I have found them better on closed comb (e.g. DE89L) than in OC/slant (Fatip, 39C).

Top Bottom