What's new

Curious

I don't even own a straight razor yet. However I was wondering if you had a razor with a good blade and bad scales, and a razor with great scales and a broken blade how hard is it to put the good parts together. Hence, how do you take the pins out and then do you need new pins or can you reuse the same? If you need new pins where do you get them and are the hard to put in?:confused:

there's a section on classicshaving.com that sells razor restoration supplies. I've never tried it but I imagine it can't be too difficult since so many people restore razors as a hobby.

As above. You can buy pin kits from Classicshaving or make them yourself from small steel/brass washers and metal rods. I think the rod used is 1/16" which is used for radio control models (brass) and welding rods (steel).

It's not hard, but you have to be careful. It's easy to damage scales when removing them if you're over-keen with the Dremel, or easy to crack them when hammering the new pin in. Certainly not rocket science though if you're a practical person.

Bill Ellis does a really good restoration CD, worth the money if you're thinking of doing some work of your own. http://www.billysblades.com/Straight Razor Book.htm

Top Bottom