What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

Here you gentlemen go. Left to right we have the 100N, 400, 400nn, M805. Don't believe that the 100n is too small of a pen. As you can see, it is large when posted.

$IMG_7475.jpg$IMG_7476.jpg

Trying to decide between a Pelikan M400 red/black (I have a blue/black M600) or a Sheaffer Heritage Legacy in all silver or gold/black.

any opinions would be appreciated!

I have a Franklin-Christoph Model 27 with a Masuyama needlepoint nib inbound. I'm iffy on what's next. I have a bit of an interest Sailor Pro Gear, and kind of interested in a nicer Visconti, but nothing is reaching out and grabbing my attention. Maybe I'll just pick up another Franklin-Christoph. Something is out there of interest, I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

TWSBI 580, 1.1mm - Should be delivered later today!! It's a belated Christmas present, purchased with a Goulet gift certificate from my wonderful mother-in-law! Hitching a ride with it, is a bottle of Diamine Sherwood Green, which seems like an appropriate color for a demonstrator in Springtime!

I have a bit of an interest Sailor Pro Gear,
I like the look of these too. Get one with a Naginata Togi nib (I would suggest M-F) and I don't think you'll be sorry. I have a 1911 Profit with one, and it is one of my favorites. I bought mine from Engeika in Japan. It took a couple weeks to get to the U.S., but the savings was substantial.

I like the look of these too. Get one with a Naginata Togi nib (I would suggest M-F) and I don't think you'll be sorry. I have a 1911 Profit with one, and it is one of my favorites. I bought mine from Engeika in Japan. It took a couple weeks to get to the U.S., but the savings was substantial.
I've ogled that nib/pen combination on Engeika many times and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I don't know why. It'll happen sooner or later, but I need to get over the mental hump on this pen. I love the looks. It looks modern and classic at the same time. I just get gunshy when it comes time to spend the money.

strop

Now half as wise
I have a Pelikan M800 Grand Place in transit now.

Trying to decide about pulling the trigger on this or not. I was sort of hoping to source it from a EU seller given the favorable exchange now, but apparently this is a limited release in US first, and only select locations otherwise.

Anyone looking at the "new" 120 coming out?

Trying to decide about pulling the trigger on this or not. I was sort of hoping to source it from a EU seller given the favorable exchange now, but apparently this is a limited release in US first, and only select locations otherwise.

I am getting mine from Novelli, in Italy. It was about $200 less than US dealers.

I hadn't heard of the new 120 model, and then I looked it up on FPN. Did this at the price. :eek2::blink: More expensive IN EUROPE than the M200 Cafe Creme was. Same steel nib, just with the M101N's gift box and a bottle of 4001 ink with a "historical" label. So how much will the US price be? $220? Jeez.

Regarding the Grand Place, when I saw the marketing picture, I wasn't very attracted to it because it looked like a Pelikan in "custom pen/Edison-like" clothing, and it didn't fit to me. But after seeing pictures of various real examples, it's quite attractive. Just not attractive enough for what they're asking.

I wish they'd release special finishes in more sizes other than the M800. Easier on the wallet (though not by much the way things are going).

So, bathroom renovation first, then a vintage Pelikan, then a Sailor. The Sailors are going to be around. They're not going anywhere. Better get a vintage Pelikan first before prices skyrocket or the supply dwindles.

Not that I see that happening anytime soon, but you never know.

strop

Now half as wise
I hadn't heard of the new 120 model, and then I looked it up on FPN. Did this at the price. :eek2::blink: More expensive IN EUROPE than the M200 Cafe Creme was. Same steel nib, just with the M101N's gift box and a bottle of 4001 ink with a "historical" label. So how much will the US price be? $220? Jeez.

Regarding the Grand Place, when I saw the marketing picture, I wasn't very attracted to it because it looked like a Pelikan in "custom pen/Edison-like" clothing, and it didn't fit to me. But after seeing pictures of various real examples, it's quite attractive. Just not attractive enough for what they're asking.

I wish they'd release special finishes in more sizes other than the M800. Easier on the wallet (though not by much the way things are going).

My exact thoughts on both the 120 and the Grand Place. I'm glad to know it looks better in real life. Can't wait to Hear Jeff's take on it when it is in hand.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

Pity, you must not have been around for the Cities Series based on the M600.

I've been contemplating the TWSBI Vac Mini. However, I will hold off for a while, as I've not been entirely convinced by the others' experiences so far.

If I do find I have an itch to scratch, I may take the plunge on a Faber-Castell Loom.

If I do find I have an itch to scratch, I may take the plunge on a Faber-Castell Loom.

This. Never really considered one before. Thought they looked ugly, but over the last few weeks I've grown almost obsessed with getting one. Cost is prohibitive at the moment though. Australia is great for many things, but not local fountain pen shopping :(

This. Never really considered one before. Thought they looked ugly, but over the last few weeks I've grown almost obsessed with getting one. Cost is prohibitive at the moment though. Australia is great for many things, but not local fountain pen shopping :(
The writing quality of the Faber Castell nib floored me. As a basic steel, it is perfectly tuned. I love it. It's got feedback but it's very pleasant and quite wet.

Top Bottom