What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

Do you guys know what your going to be ?

I think I'm going to pick myself up a VP but I'm on sabbatical for a little while so ill live vicariously through you for a bit

my next pen is either a Pelikan M600 or a vintage Mont Blanc 146, I've been passively shopping for both for a few months and have yet to pull the trigger.

Probably a Pelikan 140, or something with a vintage flex nib. I'm watching few interesting pens on the bay, but we'll see. I'm a bit pen heavy at the moment, lol.

If not a vintage find in the wild, probably a Kaweco Ice Sport in blue or green or clear. Or a Black Kaweco Classic Sport with a Gold Clip (I would call this pen "The Who Dat"). Said pen will be eyedroppered.

I'd like to find a flexy example of one of the old Waterman nibs; my one vintage Waterman has a rather firm gold nib. No hurry, though. If I never buy another pen it's still a lot to cycle through.

I'd like to find a flexy example of one of the old Waterman nibs; my one vintage Waterman has a rather firm gold nib. No hurry, though. If I never buy another pen it's still a lot to cycle through.

In a Flea market Saturday, I ran across an old waterman pen. It was very slender, hard rubber, black with kind of red marbling. The pen was SOOOOO flexy, just pressing it with my finger. the cap was busted up pretty bad. The seller was asking $5 for it. I didn't have $5 on me. It was tucked away in a mug with a bunch of ballpoints. Gonna go back this weekend. Even with the broken cap, it may still be fun to try a waterman at such a cheap price.

Not sure what my next pen will be, depends on what the guy is carrying when I nick it from him. J/K I am never around anyone with nice pens.

I've got an inexpensive eBay find on the way, but I'm trying to hold back on any significant purchases until August, when I go to the DC Super Show. What I end up getting there is anyone's guess, but I am leaning towards Pelikans and vintage celluloid pens. We'll see what turns up and floats my boat...:001_cool:

Having just cleared out a few pens, I have ideas. I have been eyeballing a Pelikan M400 white tortoise, a Pelikan 400NN tortoise, a VP Raden, and a Pelikan M605 or M405 at some point in the not-so-distant past. I also like the Edison Beaumont in Bordeaux Flake, but I want to try one first.

The other option is (gasp) another TWSBI, perhaps a Vac700 or another Mini. Of course I could just buy a stub nib for my current Mini and be okay with that. And of course I've been hunting our favorite auction site for more Esterbrooks, but I should look to repairing the one I have first before going down that route.

So many pens, so little time. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I've been thinking about getting a burgundy Pelikan M250. If I'm feeling really froggy, I might spring for a Pelikan 100 or 100N.

Top Bottom