What's new

Wilkinson sword blades

For the past couple of weeks I have been using wilkinson sword blades and thought that they were the best blades I had tried so far. Sharper than Derby's but not a leathal as Feathers, they suited my skin just fine.

I then purchased a second pack and the blades in pack number 2 are awful. I thought I had a duff blade with the first one, but I am now on my third and they are all alike. My face is ripped to bits and I have irritation all over my neck.

The first pack I used came with a Plastic wilkinson sword DE that I got for christmas. the second was a stand alone pack.

My question is, are the blades really that different from the same manufacturer? Is it possible that the ones with the razor were made in a different country? If so which one?

I've had to go back to Derbys but would really like to use Wilkinsons again - can anyone help with this?

Cheers

Jules

I've not used the Wilkinson blades yet, but I do believe that there are UK and German made blades. Perhaps there is a difference in quality between the two.

Hate to say it, but I've had the same problems with the same blade even. The first shave is usually great but after that the quality pretty much drops off the charts. Even within the same pack the quality was kind of crappy.

Despite that, these blades hold a special place in my heart since they were the first to help me achieve a full bbs shave.

they are reported to be made in both the UK and Germany I have so far only used the UK blades and have had a bad blade in a pack, but never a whole bad pack.

They were also the first DE I got a good shave with many, many years ago (before I strayed into the land of the multi blade....)

Top Bottom