What's new

How To Start A Letter To A Friend

So Ed's getting a little wierded out by me always starting my letters with "My dearest Ed", although Jason never seems to mind

So I need some ideas on how to addess a dude for a letter

Any ideas

With all my love
James

So Ed's getting a little wierded out by me always starting my letters with "My dearest Ed", although Jason never seems to mind

So I need some ideas on how to addess a dude for a letter

Any ideas

With all my love
James

I've always gone with a simple "Hi Ed," or like "Hey Ed,"...

I just put Ed, then I spill some VEG on it. I always liked getting letters from women that smelled like perfume. I don't know, thought it was nice touch so I decided to carry the tradition on in a manly way. :) Ed however doesn't seem to dig it for some reason LOL.

Still trying to find out what scent you like best.

Last edited:
I thought about going with Ed, his Edness, Edder or el Edorino but not sure if he's into the whole brevity thing or not.

Well, you know him.

"My Dearest Ed"? Really?

I always start, "Dear Ed", or at least I will if I happen to need to write to an Ed.

Perhaps this will help, including the comments.

I just put Ed, then I spill some VEG on it. I always liked getting letters from women that smelled like perfume. I don't know, thought it was nice touch so I decided to carry the tradition on in a manly way. :) Ed however doesn't seem to dig it for some reason LOL.

Still trying to find out what scent you like best.

:lol: I think I have to try this. I have a ton of frag; perhaps it's a good use of CK Euphoria.

I should add that if you do continue with your traditional greeting, you should at least make sure that of all the Edmunds, Edwins, Edgars, and Edwards that you know, he really is the dearest to you. If you wrote to a different Ed, you should use a different salutation, unless of course, you'd changed your mind.

Or you could go for real confusion and start out your letters to him, "Dear Vladimir."

Who is this Ed, anyway?
The_Edski, Steward of the Brown Leaf, good all around Gent, and legend in his own mind.... Most noted for never going by the name of Bonnie, talking to Wilbur, and is pretty dang good at counting to ten and doing small math at state fairs

Top Bottom