What's new

Just who makes 'Sex pistols' EDT

A few week back while browsing another shave forum, one of the guys was speaking about a very good but cheap EDT that was apparently made by the same guys who brand 'Fat electrician' etc, which for me is my favorite vetiver. I went out found a bottle of this cheap (and boy was it cheap almost given away) EDT, called sex pistols, The box had little in the way of a makers name or brand etc. Just the standard manufacturing numbers and use by date. Now, while very, very cheap it's a very nice scent. A little like the (UK) Next stores' AS called #3, warm and yet fresh. Not too sweet but long lasting. SWMBO likes it, daughter likes it, cats like it and the girls at work have said "nice". But just who makes it???

Thanks guys. Pleasant surprise for me. Here's a quote from one of the links,

Is this the scent of anarchy? Certainly, there’s a revolution in this bottle. It’s in the fresh, restless bite of lemon, sharpened and intensified by a defiant black pepper. It’s in the unruly turbulence of a prune and an in-your-face ambrette. Electrified by aldehydes, you can feel the pure energy, pared down and pumped up by leather, shot through with heliotrope and brought back down to earth by a raunchy patchouli. To wear this scent, you must resist tradition, fight conformity, and disregard aromatic conventions. In the spirit of punk, you are willing to express yourself with abandon. You take risks, and you wouldn’t be adverse to creating a little mayhem. Feed your inner rebel.

Said married with kids and a hatch back car with a 9 to 5 job :laugh:

I feel compelled to purchase--saw the whole original band(Matlock on bass) at the Hard Rock LV on my 37th birthday as a gift from my now wife.

I grew up listening to the Sex Pistols and saw Public Image Limited a couple of times in concert (too young to actually see the "original" U.S. Sex Pistols tour in '78 - great book about that fiasco of a tour), but I imagine that none of them had that scent profile.

I grew up listening to the Sex Pistols and saw Public Image Limited a couple of times in concert (too young to actually see the "original" U.S. Sex Pistols tour in '78 - great book about that fiasco of a tour), but I imagine that none of them had that scent profile.

The scents from any of the punk shows were generally of the genre you would want to wash off, not splash on:a25:

The Pistols did a number of tours with the original band, long after the original 1978 tour--the one we saw was in 2003. The sound & energy was incredible, especially considering these guys were 25 years past their prime.

On a side note, Steve Jones was outstanding on some of Joey Ramone's solo stuff, and John Lydon's book was really interesting as well.

Last edited:
The Pistols did a number of tours with the original band, long after the original 1978 tour--the one we saw was in 2003. The sound & energy was incredible, especially considering these guys were 25 years past their prime.

They've done a number of tours, but as a "reunion" and not in their original mode. I know Sid Vicious wasn't the original bassist, and so with Glen Matlock there, its the original members. That book is fascinating; basically as a publicity stunt, they only booked dates in southern US cities (other than San Francisco at the end). Predictably, the reception at places like San Antonio, Tulsa, and Memphis ranged from quizzical to hostile. And it broke up the band. After the last show, Sid Vicious literally disappeared and the rest of the band had to find their own way home. Johnny Rotten announced the band was over and went off to form PiL. Steve Jones and Paul Cook flew down to Brazil to try and film a movie with Ronald Biggs, who committed "the Great Train Robbery" in the UK.

I could imagine that those reunion shows must have been great. There are alternate takes of "God Save the Queen" and "Anarchy in the UK" where you could really feel the muscle of the band (not that the original versions are missing anything).

On a side note, Steve Jones was outstanding on some of Joey Ramone's solo stuff, and John Lydon's book was really interesting as well.

Steve Jones was probably the only musician in that group. I know he signed up for the intentional anarchy that was the Sex Pistols, but it must have been aggravating to have to deal with the rest of that band. I have that book, autographed by Johnny Rotten. Also incidentally, I went to a PiL show (from the "That What Is Not" era) where someone stole my shoe and threw it at him. He wouldn't give it back to me.

No question Jonesy was the only musician. He was a really interesting interview on the Adam Corolla podcast a while back--I think it was when they released the re-mastered version of the Swindle CD.

"The Filth and the Fury" does a decent job capturing some of what you're talking about--including some video with Ronnie Biggs in Brazil & the filming of parts of "The Great Rock & Roll Swindle"(which is virtually un-watchable).

"The Filth and the Fury" does a decent job capturing some of what you're talking about--including some video with Ronnie Biggs in Brazil & the filming of parts of "The Great Rock & Roll Swindle"(which is virtually un-watchable).

Yeah, I saw that as well. There was that heart-breaking part toward the end with Johnny Rotten about Sid Vicious' death. Really affecting stuff. Of course all of this information is important to understanding who makes the "Sex Pistols" EdT!

Top Bottom