What's new

Acquisitions January 21 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a Red Imp in the mail today. I went to a antique store and picked up 3 razors.

7/8 Red Imp

6/8 Joseph Rodgers

6/8 dubl duck, Special #1

5/8 dubl duck, Dwarf

A nice Ranger Tech/SS hybrid, Gillette 1957 fisherman's kit, A Sheraton and a case in two separate deals, and a Schick repeater. What a cool razor that repeater is, great American engineering!

proxy.php

Edit: If anyone has any information regarding the Fisherman's kit I would surely appreciate it. I'd like to know what lures are missing so I can track them down.

Thanks,

Chris

proxy.php

RE-edit: A buddy at work pointed out that the kit says "with fresh or saltwater lure in handy fly and bait box" so maybe it is complete with the one spoon?

Yesterday I've received an "Edwin Jagger Silvertip in the B&B Limited Edition 2006"
What a great brush...:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Here are two pictures in comparison with a Shavemac (SMFII):

My favorite public servant (the mailman) just delivered this sweet excellent/fine 60' Gillette Toggle and a cool un-opened (still sealed) pack of Gillette 20's blades for my case.

I sorry but for some reason I am having a difficult time uploading a picture!!!!!! Not Happy!!!!!!!

Body shop Kistna ASB & EDT
Body shop shaving cream

proxy.php

Several T&H Samples

proxy.php

2 Superspeeds

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Kent soap [not shown]
Erasmic soap [not shown]
Palmolive shave stick [not shown]

Cheers,

Richie

Just got a near mint Dubl Duck Special No. 1. It has a beat up box and one watermark on the blade. It still has bluing from the tang and starts to fade out a bit 3/4 the way across the spine to the head. I paid just under $50 for it and hope I did well, I have to justify this to the wife. :tongue_sm I doubt this was ever used, looks like any wear was from being in the box and the watermark. I have a feeling this should not be the blade I learn to shave on.

A really good week here....

From Mama Bear:
1 puck "KL" SS (Lagerfeld smell-a-like)
1 puck "America" SS (D&G smell-a-like)

From Scoopster/B&B-QED Group Buy:
1 puck Violetta SS

From Penhaligon's:
Opus 1870 Travel Set (SC, ASB, EDT, & Shower gel)
Racquets EDT sample

This beautiful C-MON "Blackie" 6/8 arrived yesterday. It came in a pair of non-original, off-white celluloid scales. Fortunately, I'd recently purchased a pair of kosher C-MON "Blackie" scales, so I re-scaled the blade earlier this afternoon.

I also scored a C-MON "Blackie" razor case, in excellent condition, and a mint, two-sided, C-MON hone (complete with original box -- also in mint condition -- and the enclosed instruction-sheet for using the hone).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Found a couple of Gillettes at an antique store for $5.00 each. The one on the right is silver plated and was solid black with tarnish. An over night soak in some Simple Green and lot of Maas and Howard's and elbow grease brought back the shine. The other one is an SS from 1953, the year I was born. It too got an over night Simple Green soak to get the old whiskers and soap and dirt off and an application of some Maas.

Is anyone one familiar with the one on the right? I think it is from the 20's, but I am not sure. I think it was designed for a thicker blade.

I have a couple of others similar to this and I have to play with the angle a bit to get a good shave. Once I have the angle down, it give a very close and smooth shave. The right angle is key, though.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom